Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a jardine slip on and stock filter. im running the map off the powercommander.com site. any guys have custom tunes for this setup? i would like to try them out

thanks!

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
i have a jardine slip on and stock filter. im running the map off the powercommander.com site. any guys have custom tunes for this setup? i would like to try them out

thanks!
A custom map is only good for the bike it was designed for. If someone sent you their custom map is might be as close or as far as any other downloadable map. Find someone in your area to map your bike for you.

·
Registered
500 Posts
It wouldnt be very 'custom' if someone else gave you the map from their bike...

·
Registered
706 Posts
Like everyone said, a good map is only good for the bike that was put on the dyno. Elevation, fuel, miles, engine condition....so many factors play into it.

Plus I paid $300 for my maps, why should I send them to anyone for free?

Get your own map done bro...it's well worth the expense.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Like everyone said, a good map is only good for the bike that was put on the dyno. Elevation, fuel, miles, engine condition....so many factors play into it.

You paid $300 bucks for mapping...and why wouldn't you send them to someone for free? Not like it's a copyrighted material that you're collecting income off of...

toyotafj40's, just like NRR said, get a custom map for YOUR bike for best results.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
im usuing someone else's custom map and it definately is WAAAAYYYY beter than the crap on their website.

However it wont be custom if its not yours as everyone said.
I have 3 different maps, and none of them were mapped on my bike. Th eon one im usuing was mapped by a shop 5 minutes from me tho

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

wow what a stuck up bitch

·
Registered
205 Posts
Does anyone have any good custom maps? I have an M4 slipon exhaust, velocity stacks, BMC filter and a power commander. I don't have a custom map. Short on cash. THANKS

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
wow what a stuck up bitch
How is he stuck up? We all put a lot of money into our bikes including getting them tuned and mapped. Why should someone pay $300 to get it mapped just so you don't have to? Unless your cashing up a little dough to the person your getting it from, i would say screw u too basically.

Get it done right and take it to a Tuner.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
If I paid $300 for a map I would give it to someone else in a heartbeat... Help a fellow member out... Not if he was calling people bitches though.

·
Registered
523 Posts
If I paid $300 for a map I would give it to someone else in a heartbeat... Help a fellow member out... Not if he was calling people bitches though.
i would to its not like it hurts you in anyway. help someone out till they can get the money to get it mapped at a shop.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Wow... I don't even let my friends around town use any of my sh*t.. cuz it's exactly that... MY sh*t.. If I want something, I don't go asking them for handouts, why should I give them... and do what everyone else says.. get a custom map done.. if you can afford a 8000$ bike.. I'm sure you can afford a 250$ map... It's basically the same price as a jacket.. or helmet.. or don't you have those either? Someone wana let him borrow thiers :)

·
Registered
564 Posts
well this is hostile!

if u dun want to then don't, if u do, then do!

but stop winging!

·
Registered
564 Posts
i got a question about custom maps actually!

when u go to get a custom map, what exactly do they do for you? i appreciate that every bike that comes off the production line is a little different and they have all been ridden (worn) a little different, so....

they make a map best for actual bike, to suit ure engine?

and also, do they map your bike to react the way you want it too? cos if i had one done i would want it as smooth as possible?

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
329 Posts
custom map would prolly help a lot but if it was me and your just street riding i wuldnt pay to get one unless I had a full system. Just My opinion

·
19,904 Posts
i got a question about custom maps actually!

when u go to get a custom map, what exactly do they do for you? i appreciate that every bike that comes off the production line is a little different and they have all been ridden (worn) a little different, so....

they make a map best for actual bike, to suit ure engine?

and also, do they map your bike to react the way you want it too? cos if i had one done i would want it as smooth as possible?

thanks in advance!
yeah thats basically what they do, they tuned the fuel map to your bike specifically, changing the numbers to run a good a/f ratio and make good power and torque.

thats why it takes a while and sometimes several runs, because they somtimes to make the right power and give it proper delivery they may try adding, then that may not work so they take away, and do this throught the entire rev range, sometimes they gotta add more here, less there, lean it out a tad there.. thats what your paying for, to spin their dyno and get thier expertise.

If you and i had a dyno and tools to do im, im sure we god build an incredible map in 2 days of dyno testing, but thats not very cost effective or realistic is it?

·
Registered
564 Posts
no not at all, there are very little dyno's around by me, is it a mechanical job? or is it just gettin to know the dyno equipment, cos it could b a bit of a money spinner for me, getin a dyno.....something to consider anyway.

that may seem a bit mad, me knowin nufin at the mo, but id make sure i did my research and obtain the knowledge etc

·
19,904 Posts
no not at all, there are very little dyno's around by me, is it a mechanical job? or is it just gettin to know the dyno equipment, cos it could b a bit of a money spinner for me, getin a dyno.....something to consider anyway.

that may seem a bit mad, me knowin nufin at the mo, but id make sure i did my research and obtain the knowledge etc
it'll be worth it dude, youll gain a little power burn a little cleaner, maybe improve gas mileage in the process, and the improved throttle response and smoothness alone is worth it IMO.

·
Registered
564 Posts
nah, i meant buying a dyno machine, for me to dyno other peoples bikes...is it a in depth mechanics job or could i just get used to the equipment and do it? if its just computer settings it very achieveable isn't it!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts