Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just hit 17k on my 03 600rr3 and I got the valves adjusted, put full synthetic oil with a high grade filter, flushed my radiator and put racing coolant in, got a K&N air filter, and got new performance plugs....

So what can you guys recommend I do to keep my engine running strong and last awhile longer. Thanks fellow RR riders!!!

-NEEK :wave:

·
Registered
796 Posts
Other than getting replacing the brake fluid and fresh pads, sounds like she should be set for another 17K trouble free miles. Also, personally I would stick with an OEM air filter. K&N oil isn't exactly the ideal thing you want getting sucked in through the intake.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
"high performance plugs?" what kind of plugs are those? the manual only specifies one type. i recommend a starter valve synchronization as icing on the cake after a valve adjustment. it will make your idle smoother and help with your on/off throttle transitions. as far as K&N oil getting into your velocity stacks/throttle bodies - i don't think it does. it's too far away to do so. i run a K&N air filter and after 5000 miles of use, noticed no oil on either the velocity stacks or throttle bodies when i took them off to do the valve inspection.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Just hit 17k on my 03 600rr3 and I got the valves adjusted, put full synthetic oil with a high grade filter, flushed my radiator and put racing coolant in, got a K&N air filter, and got new performance plugs....

So what can you guys recommend I do to keep my engine running strong and last awhile longer. Thanks fellow RR riders!!!

-NEEK :wave:
Mobile 1 is all you need

1 - 7 of 7 Posts