Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering if anyone knows whether the tilt sensor on my '06rr is or can be in any way connected to my hi-beam. I'm having a huge problem getting my hi-beam to illuminate solid and not blink. My bike starts with no problem but my tilt sensor makes a click noise and my hi-beam blinks simultaneously mind you i bought this bike used and god knows what the man before me did to the tilt sensor :/. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Tilt sensor has nothing to do with your lights but without looking at a schematic I would guess it is a power problem with your harness...guessing either a loose connection somewhere or maybe even chaffing wires (possibly lights and tilt sensor wiring rubbing together). The clicking sounds like the relay is getting power and losing it really quick.....see if you can shake the wiring around and induce the clicking and the light flicker. If you notice that you are inducing it then you are getting warm......either way I think you have some spark chasing to do. Good luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But the thing is the clicking is the same pattern every time. almost like a turn signal for 3 clicks then 5 seconds later the same thing. It sounds almost like its supposed to be there. do you have a schematic for the harness?

·
Registered
458 Posts
If it very predictable pattern then it could be another issue but then again it might not......do a search in this forum for the service manual for your year bike.....Im sure someone on here has it as I downloaded mine for my 05 last year ( would send it to ya but the hard drive that the manual was on is toast :banghead:). If I can scrounge it up I'll PM ya, if not you'll probably be able to get it from someone else on this forum.

But the thing is the clicking is the same pattern every time. almost like a turn signal for 3 clicks then 5 seconds later the same thing. It sounds almost like its supposed to be there. do you have a schematic for the harness?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts