Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, it's kind of long.

Here it goes:
It rained most of the morning, had to ride her home in the rain. Sucks big time, especially I just washed and shined her up yesterday. After I got home from work at 6AM, I decided to replace the stock rearsets with the Vortex. Got it done in like 2 hours, yeah I was taking my sweet time. As I was finishing up, the apartment complex manager came to visit me. "I received a complaint this moring, were you reving your engine at 6AM?" he asked. "I doubt it, I've been working on the bike with all the stuff taken off everywhere... hm... interesting. I admit I was reving my engine about 15 minutes ago, to test out the shifter. Is that a problem?" He saied, "OK, no problem, have a nice day." Took a 4 hour nap, got up... looked out the window... SUNSHINE! YES! Went on to my favorite ride, HWY9. All went pretty good, there were still moisture on the road so I took it easy. Certain parts of the highway was freezing, so I decided to cut my ride short. Turned around and headed home. About 2 miles out of Los Gatos, there is a nice right hander and a huge "blind" hump, can't see the oncoming traffic. I did the usual outside-inside-outside manuever around the right hander, and got on the throttle a bit much. As I was going over the hump, the front tire lost contact to the pavement and followed the back tire. For a brief second, everything was moving so slow and quiet, like the panaramic shot in the Matrix. I shrieked like a little girl! And then poof, landed it. My only experience with the dirt track is on XBOX, I'd not know how to respond if the handle decided to shimmy. Besides, she is a 300lb beast. Boy, what a rush!

C

·
0 Posts
lawangrr, Your crazy for that one. I'd like to see it next time....

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Gotta love that. There are a few bumps on the road I live on that if I am going up the hill under enough of a load I can get the rear off of the ground momentarily. probably the front too. It's a straight section of raod though. Ya gotta love that momentary rev as the rear tire looses grip. Glad you came out of it safely but what a rush huh!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Yea, it's fun when you’re expecting it like cvlighthouse’s pic.
Glad you came thru with just an adrenalin rush.
Next week your gunna be doing it on purpose.
Yeeeee haaaaw were all addicted!!
:cruising:

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
cvlighthouse said:
http://www.speedtv.com/programs/103/ YUP! Can't wait! :bounce:
Love it. Hey, you ever pull your bike up to the TV or vise versa for that race. I did, just because the bike was already in the livingroom last year (temporary garage) the on bike footage is the ****!!!

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Keep your eyes out for a guy with the last name Winsman in Isle of Mann, nice last name, It's a friend of mines son. I haven't even asked if he's racing this year yet though. I'll have to ask.

EDIT: Guess not, the race is next weekend. I'd have heard if he was, just talked to him last week. if they show the replays of the last couple of years keep your eyes out.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Man, I feel your Pain!!

I had that happen to me, only I was looking back to check on my friend at the time. Scared the bajesus out of me. :eek:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cvlighthouse said:
Was it like this?

[/img]
Something like that, except it was the sky i saw over the fiaring... No i don't think you will ever see me do it again... LOL.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts