Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
making a left turn I hit some stupid bump, pothole **** that is so familiar to my area (hoboken/Jersey City NJ). well bars shook and my right had must have come off and as I grabbed it i pulled full throttle and didnt have the clutch pulled in. Zoooom right into a car which was stopped at a red light. I flew over the bars and supposedly landed into another parked car to the rigth. I stood right up and thats when the blood started trickling down my face. I had my visor up cause there's always heavy traffic on Washington St in Hoboken (5mph traffic) something somehow came through the helmet and smashed rigth above my left eye cause I had a huge inch and a half gash that was hanging off my face...The plastic surgeon did a great job 51 stitches later.
Anyway all I could think about was my bike, the money it's gonna cost me (I just had a baby boy that I'm in litigation to see cause the mothers a dirty piece of trash and wont let me see him).
How does Rider handle these situations. I got the report which seems pretty accurate...It basically says I lost control. Doesnt state the fuckin potholes and miscellaneous horrible roadwork these towns do. **** I already had two blown struts in my altima cause of this shithole town. The cop at the hospital told me that the couldnt even move the bike forward. The forks were bent and he thinks the frame too...he said probably totalled. I 'm wondering if I can go grab the slip on off and the windscreen and whatever else I had aftermarket on it?
Anybody know ? Help? LOL.
Also...does rider do gap insurance. I'm not sure how much I owe but it's gonna be more than book value I bet.
thanks guys.
Cant wait to ride again.

·
Registered
769 Posts
antpRR said:
I got the report which seems pretty accurate...It basically says I lost control. Doesnt state the f**kin potholes and miscellaneous horrible roadwork these towns do. s**t I already had two blown struts in my altima cause of this shithole town.
It looks like you were aware of the shitty conditions, so you should've been riding with them in mind, esp. noting what had happened to your Altima. At least that's what anyone on the other side will cite. Hope things work out for you man, good luck.

·
Registered
139 Posts
From what I know (which is not much) Gap insurance is done at the dealership when you purchase the bike. If you choose that option you pay more but they cover the difference in the event of a total. If you didn't ask for it you probably don't have and will have to cover the difference.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
antprr
man i am so sorry about your bad luck but thank god that the foreign object did not hit you in the eyes as far as your bike let the insurance company deal with it its probably totaled take off all the aftermarket parts
you got on it that is worth any value before the insurnace adjuster comes
to your house to look at it and count your blessings man hopefully
you will be riding again in no time ;-) i used to live in nj the roads really
suck all over

·
Registered
378 Posts
that sucks man sorry to hear that. i havent ridden for 4 months because of a hit and run I feel your pain. Good luck with everything. In the city you can claim damages against the state for bent rims and accidents caused by ill-repaired streets and potholes. Downside is that it take forever something like 4 months for a hearing. But look into you may get some money outt've it. Just remeber stay focussed and dont give up the fight. It took me 2 months to hunt down the bastard that hit me! Then i had to threaten lawsuits against Liberty Mutual to get paid!

GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
man- advice

Anyone have any suggestions? When I originally got the bike I financed everything...two helmets, exhaust, gloves, frame sliders.
well..I still owe like 10k to payoff..I put nothing down...well 100 bucks. Only been paying for it for 4 months. I'm gonna end up owing Honda finance like 3k if they total the bike.
I got some pics I'm gonna post. of my head and the bike.
Now I hope it's not totalled...this sucks.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yo

cbrkid11 said:
WOW... glad you are allright..

thats one nasty cut you got there....sucks man.. totally sucks...

id like to see the bike pics as well..

could of been alot worse though...
Bike doesnt look too bad...until you try to move it...
front end is mangled...
I hope they can fix it.
Or somehow I can buy it back or something
I dont want to owe honda 3k for nothing...I'll ******* freak out..I just had a baby boy and I'm going through litigation, I still havent seen him yet and he was born on June 17th...lawyer bills, bike bills, ****...And for anyone to say i shouldnt have a bike cause I have a kid...keep it to yourself or expect me to lash out cause I'm addicted to riding and I absolutely love it..not half as much as I'm gonna love my kid when I see him but **** happens.
Anybody got any info on buybacks and options for me or hookups or anything lmk..If you're in the area and give me some good advice it's my treat to drinks at my friends bar in the city...
Thanks guys.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
ant you are so lucky man thanks god your left eye is ok the stiches will heel up so keep your chin up man the lord puts us thru calamity for a reason i know the money / your baby situation sucks i feel your pain man i wish i was close i would love to come and cheer you up bro about your bike is the frame or sub frame bent the forks can always be replaced the insurance company would usually total the bike if the frame is damaged the sub frame is not that expensive i had mine replaced before what you need to do if possible look over your bike and make a list of the damaged parts email bells honda ( a vendor on this forum ) and get an estimate on parts this should give you an estimate on parts then add some labour hours to that number then deduct your deductable from that and that what the insurance co should pay you now if the repairs is over 50% of bikes retail price the insurance will probably total your bike now bare in mind insurance rates / bike prices vary from state to state but iam only giving you an idea of what will take place there is a possibility of you buying the bike back from the insurance company good luck and like i said keep your chin up do not let this accident put you down pm me even if u just wana talk good luck man ;-)

C

·
0 Posts
**** that looks ugly. Let me know how Rider handles it, that is my insurance company too.

·
Registered
448 Posts
yeah- sorry this is antprr posting from my bros computer

moeman said:
ant you are so lucky man thanks god your left eye is ok the stiches will heel up so keep your chin up man the lord puts us thru calamity for a reason i know the money / your baby situation sucks i feel your pain man i wish i was close i would love to come and cheer you up bro about your bike is the frame or sub frame bent the forks can always be replaced the insurance company would usually total the bike if the frame is damaged the sub frame is not that expensive i had mine replaced before what you need to do if possible look over your bike and make a list of the damaged parts email bells honda ( a vendor on this forum ) and get an estimate on parts this should give you an estimate on parts then add some labour hours to that number then deduct your deductable from that and that what the insurance co should pay you now if the repairs is over 50% of bikes retail price the insurance will probably total your bike now bare in mind insurance rates / bike prices vary from state to state but iam only giving you an idea of what will take place there is a possibility of you buying the bike back from the insurance company good luck and like i said keep your chin up do not let this accident put you down pm me even if u just wana talk good luck man ;-)
again this is antprr from my bros screen name

thanks bro...Everyone keeps telling me things are gonna get better but dude... My life seems to go straight down day by day. I wasnt the best kid years ago but turned my life around so to say and since them my lifes gotten worse. I'm gonna go to Rider tomorrow and sit down with them and go over everything. I just cant see paying 3k (213) a month for something I dont even have. I know thats the deal I signed but theres gotta be something that can be done. I got a 2k retainer on a lawyer for a son that I had that I've seen one picture of so far. Not to mention she's 250 an hour at a 2 hour minimum. I wish money grew on trees.
The frame seems ok but who knows. **** I'll do anything for them not to total it I'll work on it all off season here with my bro. Thanks again for the post. You guys all kick ass.. Even the ones I've had my online battles with.
btw..I didnt black out. I remember getting up after bouncing around and hitting the cars and just thinking about the money..not even caring about the blood dripping from my eye into my mouth. I took offf my helmet slammed it down and thought about asking someone to drive me five minutes down the road so I can see my son. My CBR was my release from alll of that ******** and now its gone and my bro has no ride either now.
Be good guys thanks again.

·
Registered
448 Posts
yeah

CorleoneRR said:
s**t that looks ugly. Let me know how Rider handles it, that is my insurance company too.
Sorry this is Antprr. Posting from my bros computer

Will post about them tomorrow. I'm stopping in there around noon to see what my options/possibilities are. From what I hear they're awesome and so far just dealing on the phone with them about this they're great. She told me that I still can insure through them as long as you dont have 2 accidents in 3 years time. This is my first. And the rates not gonna go up either. They rock if thats true.
I'll let you know the rest.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts