Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I love my bike, but I can't wait to get rid of it. I've had a YBR125 for a couple of years now, and it looks great and it's fantastic for city riding. But naturally, I am absolutely sick of the absolutely glacial acceleration after 40mph by now, and I'm slowly saving up to get me some more cc's. Not too long ago a friend on mine let me have a go on his beautiful, 600cc machine.https://discord.software/ https://omegle.onl/ vshare

It was the best experience of my life.
The feeling of absolute power from that engine, the freedom of flying nearly instantly to 80 mph, it's indescribable. For those more experienced riders reading this, I get that as far as they go, this is a relatively small machine. But to me, what I'd thought was riding all along was so incomparable to this rush of speed, it was so new and free, that since riding it I've only had dreams of four cylinders screaming down the road fluttering in my head.
Now I worry that nothing I get could compare to that ballistic acceleration. I'm limited by the stupid tiered license system in the UK to 47 bhp. Which is nearly five times what I currently have, but still, now I've had a taste... I look at videos of the CBR500R, which will hopefully soon be mine, but am still disappointed at the power.
I guess I will just have to be patient...

·
Registered
68 Posts
well, a good 400cc bike will be a huge jump from your little 125. I know, my riding school bike was a CBR125. I thought it was fine, a bit slow but ok. I bought a KTM RC390 brand new once I had my liscence. I scared myself and thought I might have made a mistake. within a few weeks I had modded it enough that I actually ran out of fuel and had to put a bigger injector in! NIGHT AND DAY difference from the 125. NO problem at highway speeds, handling of a supersport, good brakes.

That's what I would suggest. That or a Ninja 400. With a few mods, both of those bikes are a very good "real" bike, and still fly under the radar of whatever your local system is imposing. My area? anything over 400cc is about double the insurance premium.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went from learning on a 125 to owning a 250r ninja and now onto a zx6r but I did enjoy my 250 as underpowered compared to my friends bikes as it was. taught me so much about cornering and holding corner speed too I wouldn't snaptube vidmate be without it. once you get the CBR500 up to speed just don't slow down! lol :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts