Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen some people listing IACV delete as a MOD. I thought the IACV smoothed throttle response on the RR. What is the benefit of deleting the IACV? Seems like it would be for tuning fuel maps manually on a PC unit.

just curious

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On every honda car I have ever worked on the IACV smoothes the idle out. I was just wondering to anyone that has done it what's the point of the mod.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
who has done this mod? if no one has done it then it is not and shouldnt be called a mod.
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=114410

This bike is all decked out, and it says Idle Air Control Deleted in his sig. Good thing NOBODY has done it. I have seen it mentioned before and saw it this week had to remember where I read it.

The only thing I could imagine is that the bike is mapped and idle has been raised and its a tuning tool. Thats why I post it up in case someone had good information as to what the benefit is.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So the lil plastic flapper thing right, for low end throttle response that they put on for noise restriction laws. That is a common one, but seeing Idle Air Control deleted would make no sense, ya know

G

·
PAIR = Pulsed Secondary Air Injection. It takes exhaust gases and pumps them back into the intake to limit emissions.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so it lowers intake temp a lil bit. Lots of people do EGR deletes and just put breathers in. Makes much more sense than removing IACV. Thanks for the update, thats exactly why I was puzzled when I saw it in his sig.

G

·
You just read wrong.

It really does nothing for power or intake temp, or weight savings. It's just one of those things people do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.