Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any you US guys have this icon rain jacket. really diggin the black one, like the fact its hooded also. but wondering if it holds up in light rain, more so for summertime use than in a badass winter storm, want something light see. cant get them over here so would like some feedback from guys who have it before i get one shipped. thanks

·
Registered
913 Posts
I have it for 2 years and it's bada$$....I love it.. ICON did good with this jacket..all the zippers are waterproof and has kept me dry in all wet weather conditions...I've been thru a hellaciaous 30 mile long rain storm with this and not one spot of me was wet or had any moisture come thru. the hood is awesome... as well...the ONLY thing I won't call perfect is the way the hood is stowed when riding...it's supposed to roll up and get velcro'd.. It works but it could be better...it also works just as good if you ride in the fog....and if you ride in cold weather the jacket will kill the wind from coming thru as well. I ride with a turtleneck under my jacket and this over it to kill the wind from flowing thru my jacket....keeps me pretty warm without being too hot...

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the Icon rain jacket as well and I can say it repels rain pretty decently. I got caught in a light rain shower on my way home from Fort Drum last month and my torso was bone dry when I got home. The jacket covers everything up pretty nicely and the hood and high collar prevent and seepage around the neck. Its room enough to fit over your riding jacket as well.

Oh, do your self a favor and if you are going to get it, be extra safe and get the high visibility yellow or mil-spec orange. Don't go black. It helps to been seen just that much more during low visibility/rainny conditions.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Jason at STG recently told me the new Patrol Icon jacket was a super nice jacket,and its the same material as the one your looking at I'm pretty sure. Icons new stuff is really nice. I have a new Overlord leather jacket and really like it.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Any you US guys have this icon rain jacket. really diggin the black one, like the fact its hooded also. but wondering if it holds up in light rain, more so for summertime use than in a badass winter storm, want something light see. cant get them over here so would like some feedback from guys who have it before i get one shipped. thanks

Not sure if it'll work out cheaper to order from here http://www.rideicon.co.uk/?gclid=CMWCw4f3_qgCFQ_ybwodfzj-Sg they say they hold limited stock but should only charge UK shipping rates.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure if it'll work out cheaper to order from here http://www.rideicon.co.uk/?gclid=CMWCw4f3_qgCFQ_ybwodfzj-Sg they say they hold limited stock but should only charge UK shipping rates.

cheers mate never found that site. yeah it`ll prob work out better getting from there. think the price was around £65ish for these from the US before shipping cost. its £79.99 there, prob work out dearer getting it from the US with shipping and possibly getting hit with import duty and taxes an ****. thanks mate:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jason at STG recently told me the new Patrol Icon jacket was a super nice jacket,and its the same material as the one your looking at I'm pretty sure. Icons new stuff is really nice. I have a new Overlord leather jacket and really like it.

think that jacket is around £300, sure i seen it somewhere, it does look decent like, but i dont have that much to spend tbh. i want this just to throw over my gear in like summer type showers. i do like the style of some of the icon gear though

·
Registered
381 Posts

Pro's I see just from the vid:

-draw string at bottom of jacket
-reflection
-waterproof zipper
-looks amazing compared to other rain gear

Cons

-higher price for rain gear
-hood is pointless IMO

Can't really go wrong with icon, they make great stuff, I have a jacket and helmet and I love them. Moderately priced and very high build quality.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksleoWJ4l2U&feature=player_embedded

Pro's I see just from the vid:

-draw string at bottom of jacket
-reflection
-waterproof zipper
-looks amazing compared to other rain gear

Cons

-higher price for rain gear
-hood is pointless IMO

Can't really go wrong with icon, they make great stuff, I have a jacket and helmet and I love them. Moderately priced and very high build quality.

think i`m definatly sold on it now, it looks the ****, and seems to be gettin the thumbs up off big bri !!! lol sold! cheers for that mate:thumbup:

love the way he says he`s got a mild athletic build.. the guy looks like he smashes the gym every day! lol he got arms like arnie!:crackup:

·
Registered
381 Posts
and seems to be gettin the thumbs up off big bri !!! lol sold! cheers for that mate:thumbup:
Yea I LOVE his reviews! Glad I could be of some help :shakehand

love the way he says he`s got a mild athletic build.. the guy looks like he smashes the gym every day! lol he got arms like arnie!:crackup:
HAHA! I bet he does, he more than a "mild athletic build" :crackup::crackup:

·
VP of Metal Operations
4,202 Posts
The hood is just as useful as the hood on a standard rain jacket, it's not for when you are riding, it's for when you get off : retard:

Posted with the motorcycle.com app on my Evo 4g.
Just my opinion,lets be practical poring down rain you take your jacket off to roll up the hood neatly oh wait now your soaked kinda defeats the purpose..Not saying the products not great by any means.:thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts