Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as some of you have seen in the general forum, someone kicked my bike over. I was PISSSSSED, especially since i purchased the bike brand spankin new less than 2 weeks ago!

Anyways because of its age or lack thereof i will be fixing the bike to a like new state. The bike is currently black. I will be purchasing a OPP carbon fiber "street" tail section and tank cover and either leaving the rest of the bike the factory black color(since the fairings only have minor scratches on the edge) or laying a fresh flat black base coat and matte clear coat on the existing plastics. The tail has most of the scratches.

I figure, the lines of the bike would look good with painted fairings and the CF rear and tank cover.

· Registered
5,145 Posts
i might go with cf hugger also then

· Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've been thinking about it and i guess im leaning more towards keeping the stock color. the gloss from the CF may overwhelm the flat black.

G

·
The bike is Matte black from the factory? i thought it was gloss black!

To be honest, i'd go with the CF Tail and tank cover, and paint/apply the Honda wings to the CF to give it the FLOAT 3D look. That's what i want to do with my tank. I want to buy the CF Tank cover, and paint it to match the color of the bike, except the stickers that would otherwise be black i'd leave as clear so the decal would have depth to it. A decal, but not a decal... know what i mean? I've seen it done on gulf balls and i think the idea is SICK.

· Registered
1,097 Posts
Knightslugger, you mean like it would be painted everywhere except where the sticker would be... so in effect, it's like a carbon fiber graphic? I've seen that done on CF hoods and it's definitely a cool effect.

G

·
yeah, that's it. since the epoxy resin would be like a thick clear coat, and the actual fiber would be sunk down, it would gve a 3D decal look because you'd be able to get different veiws from different agles. On his bike, the effect is reversed and the actual decal would be "floating" above the actual Carbon fiber, by using the epoxy as a seperator. i think the idea is pimp, even if you don't see alot of CF (which IMO is gaudy).

· Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Knight, the bike is gloss black but i was thinking of either keeping the painted area the stock gloss black or painting it a matte black. I like your idea of the CF graphic but i'd maybe attempt that if the CF ever gets damaged.

Comb, i've been checking out some pics of full CF bikes but i dont quite lke the look.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.