Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been tossing a wet rag into my jacket pocket and using it to clean my lid when 'safe' to do so. Pulling over every 3 miles would get pretty irritating for my riding buddies. After a couple wipes the rag is pretty much shot and all I'm doing is smearing bug guts everywhere.

I live in a heavily wooded area and the bugs after 7:30 are absolutely disgusting. In a 300 foot patch you can hit enough bugs to be COMPLETELY blinded and have zero visibility, that's how bad it gets. Now I understand why everyone rides in town after dark...however I like the back roads too much to stay away.

Has anyone ever rigged up some sort of contraption to hold glass/plastic wipes on the underside of their windscreen or else where on the bike? I'm looking for idea's!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
look through them... wipe when u get off
:bootyshak Really? :crackup:

On a more serious note, I am looking to see if I can rig up a velcro type of deal down near the instrument cluster with some wipes down there.

I've thought about getting a helmet visor with the posts & using tear-off's. But here is my complaint, the tear-off's I've seen don't cover the entire shield. Yes, call me anal but I wouldn't invest the money unless I found a system where the entire shield is covered. With a wet wipe, two quick passes and the entire shield is clean and it air dries almost instantly.

Does anyone know of a shield/tear off system that covers the entire shield??

·
Registered
87 Posts
When I go on long rides to the mountains I normally put some amor-all glass wipes that comewith the cleaner on them and leave no streaks. I put a few in a zip lock and they work great.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have AGV helmet so they have tear off posts on the shield.
If your helmet shield doesn't have tear-off posts, use Velcro and tape the wiper on the tank or somewhere convenience .

·
Registered
139 Posts
It's a major PITA. I'm also curious to see if there are any innovative solutions, besides tear-offs.

Strap this to your triples:

Or install a Goldwing windscreen to your CBR LOL

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I just use some cheap paper towel and water. I soak the paper towel, set it on my face shield and allow it time to rehydrate all them bugs, then wipe off, done.

When riding in the rain, just turn your head to the left of right to clear the water on shield when riding. Wind does a pretty good job. :cruising:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Putting a thin coat of wax wipes them off easier... Love bugs down here SUCK, and since Ive put a coat of wax on my visor / windscreen / entire bike, the bugs wipe right off with a wet rag / papertowel.

·
Registered
129 Posts
go to costco and get a box of the individually packed glasses cleaner wipes there like wet naps but for glass and you can stuff a handful in your pocket

·
Registered
247 Posts
hehe I feel your pain man in GA the bugs are crazy. I dont see how the harley riders do it with brain buckets. You no they get protein suppliment everytime they ride. LOL

I was gonna say you can get windex wipes and they work good

·
Registered
327 Posts
Post up some pics! And stop riding at night, problem solved.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Are you using a clear visor? Some mirrored visors can attract more bugs. Maybe a dark tinted one will help.

Or rig up a windshield sprayer like the ones cars have but have it spray right on your visor. Then use one of those finger squeegees.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts