Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight we were leaving the bar me in a car and my friend on a 08 R6 (not drunk) 30 secs after we pull out of the bar two cops follow us, car in front r6 in rear (in front of cops) My friend the idiot that he is doesn't have plates, insur or license...so what does he do? Guns it pass me the two cops fly following. They pulled him over 4 miles down the road by cutting him off luckily he wasn't hurt but now i have to bail his ass out two days from now cause it was a federal offense.....lesson learned...by me anyway

D

·
0 Posts
Ouch. Was he nailed for anything other then not having a license, tag, reg, insurance, speeding, and fleeing?
Doubt he'll want to do that again.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Tonight we were leaving the bar me in a car and my friend on a 08 R6 (not drunk) 30 secs after we pull out of the bar two cops follow us, car in front r6 in rear (in front of cops) My friend the idiot that he is doesn't have plates, insur or license...so what does he do? Guns it pass me the two cops fly following. They pulled him over 4 miles down the road by cutting him off luckily he wasn't hurt but now i have to bail his ass out two days from now cause it was a federal offense.....lesson learned...by me anyway

Just out of curiosity what city?

We have to get together for a ride soon. Maybe Saturday?

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Haha, wow, I had the same thing happen to me, I just picked up a new bike and wanted to give it a run before I picked up the plates for it the next day and wouldnt ya' know it.. since in America there is a cop for every 20 people(police state), one rolls up behind me within like 5 minutes of me going out to ride, sees that I don't have a plate and lights me up. Of course I pull over.. BUT.. as soon as we get to a stop I flip the switch and lost him in like 10 seconds... l

YEah but that sux bout your friend... so three cop cars trolling within a few square miles right? Yep yep, I love Europe, I am lucky if I see a 1 cop car every two days.

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
In PA you have a 24 hour grace period after buying a vehicle, wouldnt have to run here as long as he had the papers for the bike with him.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
It was in flushing then flint (mostly down flushing road) but i have to golf Saturday, Sunday is good for me tho
Get a hold of me on sunday... I'll ride.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
thats crazy. Where i bought my bike, if you dont have a permit or licenses, you can't buy your bike. And cali gives you paper/temp registration until the plates come.

sucks but fleeing is a DEF sign of guiltyness

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
thats crazy. Where i bought my bike, if you dont have a permit or licenses, you can't buy your bike. And cali gives you paper/temp registration until the plates come.

i got my bike in Cali without having to show proof of permit or license.. but i did get temp papers

·
Registered
3,093 Posts

Not true. You do not need a license or a permit to buy a bike in California. You do not even need a license to buy a car.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Whether ur friend deserved it or not, he could've avoided being sent to jail. A new bike with no temp tags??? Hmmm... No insurance and license, he's just asking for it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts