Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I participated in a charity poker run today and on the last stop some idiot on a vrod was talking trash on my bike. I just kind of smiled and laughed it off but when we all left he got beside me and kept revving up his bike wanting to race me. I know he was showing off for some girls so I figured I would put him in his place and went ahead and smoked him.........wasn't even hard to do. when we got back to the bike show I asked him what happened in front of a bunch of people.......he said that he thinks a plug wire came off his bike and that's why I was able to pass him so easily. I told him that is was probably because his bike is a piece of sh*%. I respect all riders and am not in the least a cocky person but some of these harley riders piss me off.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They never wave at me either........all the guys on sportbikes wave at me and I wave at them too but the harley riders never wave. I told that guy that his plug wire did not come off and he was making crap up. he didn't have much to say after that. I normally wouldn't let it get to me but if you guys heard the things he was saying to me about my bike it would have made you want to dust him too.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
hahahaha nice job!! i love racing harleys. Only one gave me trouble one time, but its my good buddies and he has 6k in the motor

·
One Man Band
1,720 Posts
Just for the fun of it, I gave my boss(a Harley) about 1/4 mile head start 2 weeks ago to reach a certain destination about 2 miles up. He had that bike punched as fast as it could go...Once I couldn't see him anymore, I took off like a bat outta hell and zoomed past him...all I saw was a blur of him(mind you, I was on my ZX10R) I got there with enough time to park, lock up the helmet and light a butt. We were actually out for the day to talk about my raise and performance at the job but unfortunately after that....the subject never came up :sad3: ...Maybe I'll do it again on my wifes little shadow. He should definitely smoke that bike.....I hope :rolleyes:

·
Registered
254 Posts
:icon_lol: Nice job puttin' him in his place. He musta been a ricer in a past life, making excuses like that :icon_lol:

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
i thought the vrod were supposed to be the so called hybrid harleys becuase it used a lot of technology. i remember hearing something about some harley guys not liking it because people prefer the old stuff and this was too much. and i also heard this bike had big balls. someone care to clarify?

·
Over the berm, and thru the woods, to grandmothers
1,220 Posts
Yeah, thought the vrod was arund 120hp. You have to remember though it is still a heavy bike and really not meant for the speeds the RR is capable of. Should have popped the front wheel up when you went by him.... f'ing harleys.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
lmao paul, love the sig, you dipping in coco now here in beaufort

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
FlamedRRrider, I thought about doing a wheelie by him but since I was on a charity poker run I decided to keep it kind of mild. I was in full gear and he was wearing shorts and a tank top and I didn't want him to try to do what I was doing and wreck.....I would have felt terrible even though he started it.

H

·
0 Posts
i try to be nice to all riders.. i figure we all have the same enjoyment in bikes.. but a lot of the time guys on cruisers will not wave and they act smug... i mean come on... here i am, in full gear, just cruising down the road... and here they are in half helmets, wife beaters, no gloves and shorts...

i am missing something... i think that i am the more resposible rider... but they do not like "us" because "we" ride unsafe....

it is a $hitty stereotype that we get from them...

in the end i will still be the better person and i will still wave and show them the same respect that i would for a fellow sportbike rider....

·
Registered
492 Posts
Spectre said:
oops i meant "sport bikes" not gixxers. lol
nah your right its gixxers.

yeah what a jack ass. what was up his ass?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts