Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a little issue with my idle adjuster and looking for some advice. I'm not sure if its broken or not, didnt feel like it broke the last time I used it. Anyways cold start is fine, then when its warm it idles at or just below 1000rpm and will die and then it wont start up unless I give it some throttle.

Adjuster doesnt seem to be changing anything if I turn it left or right. It just is freely spinning, knob and black tubing. It used to be stiff and difficult to turn but now it just spins fairly easily and makes no change.

Does this sound like the adjuster is broken at the engine? Anyway to bump up the idle until I can fix this?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
sounds broke... to bump up the idle... you'll have to take off the tank. You should fix it while you're at it unless you want to pull the tank twice.

·
Whore Police
16,493 Posts
Mine did that, Started spinning freely, making no change to the idle. Then one day the idle adjuster just came off. You are going to have to pull the tank and install a new one... Its a project but not that bad...

·
Registered
5 Posts
idle adjuster

Mine did that, Started spinning freely, making no change to the idle. Then one day the idle adjuster just came off. You are going to have to pull the tank and install a new one... Its a project but not that bad...
I too have the same problem,
my is spinning free as well, when you say "buy a new one", do you mean the entire assembly or just the cable?

·
Registered
9 Posts
mine did the same thing. my tank is off right now. i dont have a book and i dont know where the cable connects to. anyone know? im trying to idle it up by hand but i cant find the dang screw! lol

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
what year is your bike, i'll pull up the schematics. or just go to ron ayers and peep the throttle bodies, you'll see it right in the middle

·
Registered
9 Posts
yes sir! i just have no way of getting to it. even a 10yr olds hands are too small. the screw is stuck and doesnt want to turn. how in the heck are you suppose to get to it? theirs no possible way of taking it off

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
yes sir! i just have no way of getting to it. even a 10yr olds hands are too small. the screw is stuck and doesnt want to turn. how in the heck are you suppose to get to it? theirs no possible way of taking it off
take the throttle bodies off. you're almost there!

·
Registered
68 Posts
is the top portion of the idle adjusment cable supposed to not have any threads or is the screw supposed to be threaded all the way through?

·
Registered
163 Posts
is the top portion of the idle adjusment cable supposed to not have any threads or is the screw supposed to be threaded all the way through?
Yes that is correct. Start with it all the way through then loosen it up to find the right RPM range. NOTE: You can go too far the other way and it will fall out of that location and you will need to take 'er apart again to get it threaded again!

(I just spent like 3 hrs with mine yesterday)

·
Registered
30 Posts
im having a similar issue but i dont think my cable is broken. Its just not having any effect on the idle. It turns and ive pulled the tank. I really dont want to pull the throttle body if i dont have to. The screw on the back of the iac goes in and out but doesnt seem to change anything. What should i be looking for?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Have a little issue with my idle adjuster and looking for some advice. I'm not sure if its broken or not, didnt feel like it broke the last time I used it. Anyways cold start is fine, then when its warm it idles at or just below 1000rpm and will die and then it wont start up unless I give it some throttle.

Adjuster doesnt seem to be changing anything if I turn it left or right. It just is freely spinning, knob and black tubing. It used to be stiff and difficult to turn but now it just spins fairly easily and makes no change.

Does this sound like the adjuster is broken at the engine? Anyway to bump up the idle until I can fix this?
what ever happened? Mine is doin the exact same thing?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts