Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the deal with the screw at the bottom of the idle adjustment knob? when i turn the knob nothing happens? i wanted to turn the screw and nothing happened as well? and someone said something about if you turn the knob too much it will come out of place from where its connected under the tank? please help me with this problem or if you know why my bike ran fine yesterday and stalled on me today? i tried everything but the only thing i can really think of is my idle adjuster because nothing happens when i turn it? also this might help the bike will start/run but i have to give it gas when i let off the throttle it stalls????

·
Registered
747 Posts
There is an air "pump" under the air box/tank area that likes to stick open when people mess with the idle adjustment knob and cause this problem. The bike will run fine but die at idle right? Check into that pump. If you need help finding it let me know and I can circle it on the microfiche for you.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
the "pump" he's describing is the fast idle wax unit....... you need to turn the idle screw HARD for it to turn, it's not an easy-to-turn screw. i would try the screw before messing with the fast idle wax unit. turn it forward (left) to lower the idle and backward to raise it (right). so, you'll be turning it right.

·
Administrator
51,150 Posts
4 SKU: 16044-MCJ-751
WAX ASSY. (Honda Code 7002207) $37.73

1 - 5 of 5 Posts