Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just put my bike back together after the long and dreadful task of replacing the throttle cables with HRC cables for my 1/6th turn. now it stutters when idling and whenever i let down on the throttle (stutters on anything less than 6000 rpms when decelerating)

error code 29 for the IACV went off, i checked the plug and its plugged in. any ideas? can i unplug and replug that without unhooking the battery or will it blow a fuse? is it because of my new throttle setup?

any help would be much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Well, its definitely not working then...

I would be pulling the plug off and putting it back on, failing that pull the IACV motor out, then plug it in and turn the bike on, it should move... have a look in your service manual for how to put it back in cause there is a couple of things that need to be lined up...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
uugh that whole airbox removal was a PITA! looks like I'll be quicker this time around :p

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you think it could have to do with my HRC throttle cables?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I don't know much about the throttle cables and such, but I doubt it. Unless they are too tight and it's almost keeping the throttle "ajar"? Again, that's just a shot in the dark cuz I have no experience with changing them or the IACV....but it may be something to give a look when you pull the airbox back out.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
does it matter if i unplug anything from the harness while the battery is hooked up? i know that if i unplug the turn signals etc. the fuse will blow. i dont know if the same goes for harness plugins.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
You will be fine with having the bike off in this case, you just don't want to unplug anything that has power applied to it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alright i have the bike apart again and im going to check for voltage continuity, the manual calls for a "test probe" to put on the tip of the voltage tester to poke into the 33p connector

do you know where i can pick up one of those probe tips?

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
alright i have the bike apart again and im going to check for voltage continuity, the manual calls for a "test probe" to put on the tip of the voltage tester to poke into the 33p connector

do you know where i can pick up one of those probe tips?
They are otherwise known as a piece of wire with a handle... so if you just get a piece of solid core wire you will be good (telephone wire does well)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They are otherwise known as a piece of wire with a handle... so if you just get a piece of solid core wire you will be good (telephone wire does well)
haha thanks man, i wish the manual would give me some alternatives to their crazy tools

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 07 won't idle stutters from the time u turn it on till the time u shut it off. I just went to cycle salvage and got another IACV and I'm about to put it on but I got to tell you I'm tired of tearing this thing apart. ANY ADVICE IS appreciated

1 - 13 of 13 Posts