Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I been realizing that the needle is not staying steady when It is Idle..
I also get the feeling that it is not steady when I am letting go of the throttle..
Any idea's as to what it can be?? Sorry if this is a repost..

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
What year is the bike, do you have any fuel management/slip on. when was the last time you cleaned the air filter, ran cleaner through your tank?

Have you had any other issues recently?

It is most likely in your head. The idle will not stay perfectly at any certain rpm at idle despite it being a efi. It will fluctuate a bit. A carborated engine will fluctuate more though.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
It is most likely in your head. The idle will not stay perfectly at any certain rpm at idle despite it being a efi. It will fluctuate a bit. A carborated engine will fluctuate more though.

+ 1.

Yup. Nearly every bike has a few Hundred RPM fluctuation.

The important thing is how does it do when your riding, in mid and top end.
Does it hesitate, hickup...etc.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
never replaced the air filter maybe that might be worth checking and as for ran a cleaner you mean like that stuff u put in the tank in the winter?? Not really
The year is 2006 and it has 27600 miles on it. I think it's about time I do some major over hauling. Thanks for the reply guys!! I will keep u posted

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Major overhauling? I wouldn't think. Just some routine maintaining. For injector cleaner try Seafoam. Use half a can per tank of gas. Check and replace airfilter if nessesary. My 03 has over 37,xxx miles and runs amazing yet. Just keep up on your maintainence and she will last a very long time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts