Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help, quick!

i know there is a way to turn the idle past 3k...stuntlife has the answer with pics, but is down.

is there another screw you take out and then screw in a 900rr (or whatever) idle cable?

i took the springs out of the stock cable in the correct location and gained a few hundred rpm, but the bike won't hold the higher rpms ie. 3-4 grand. as soon as i let the bike bog at all, it wont pick back up to where the idle was when i blip the throttle in neutral.

anyways, where do i put the new idle cable?

thx

·
Registered
415 Posts
you have to get the idel cable from an F4 and attach it to the bottom screw on the throttle bodies, i believe its the bottom. the one that comes stock with the bike is just a lean rich adjustment.

·
Registered
920 Posts
i remember reading that thread, only thing i remember bout it was they were sayin the color of the screw that u attatch the new idle cable is differnt..either silver or gold...whichever is the opposite of what the one it was originally attached to

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, i found it on s usa...i took the stock one out completely andcut the threads down to about half of what they were, and then screwed it in where the throttle body stop was...mint, exactly my problem.

bike sucked tonight bc of the bog and the crappy idle, hopefully thurs will be better. turned the clipons out for more leverage as well

thanks again

·
Registered
886 Posts
what are you running for gears teach?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts