Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an 05' RR and recently I noticed a lot vibration coming from the bike. At a stoplight, I cannot see the face of the person behind me unless I physically touch the mirror. I did a search and didn't find many people complain about vibration at a stop. The only things I've done to the bike recently are changing the grips to a gel grip and changing to full synthetic (Rotella T Synthetic Sae 5w-40 advance soot control). The bike has about 8.5K miles. Is this normal?

After fully warmed up, the bike idles at around 1.6 and 1.7K. I remember it idling below 1.5K before. What factors would cause it to change the idle rpm? Does this need to be fixed?

·
Registered
270 Posts
i think everybodys mirrors vibrate. if you get some lock tite and tighten your mirrors down a shitload then it might help some. i'm pretty sure our bikes are supposed to idle at around 1300-1400. you can turn the idle screw on the left side of your bike JUST a little to adjust it. i dont think grips would change anything but maybe the oil would a little. i wouldnt be too worried about it though since you're sitting on a motor and things tend to vibrate in that kind of situation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts