Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys well i have an 05 and it sounds like it has a high idle but it only shows up around 16-18k. Ive had other people ask why it sounds like it has such a high idle. When im riding its fine the temp stays down but when i come to a light or traffic within just a min it jumps up to 220 and will continue to rise even with the fan on...i will have to shut it off until traffic begins to move. just wondering if anyone knew what was going on or at least a clue? thanks

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
when was the last time you did a coolant flush? what type of coolant are you using? have you checked the level of coolant?

more info please

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im in virginia today it was only high 70's if that and this was happening. the coolant looks real clean only 6500 miles on bike but i havnt gotten the coolant flushed. I bought the bike in march of this year. I just wasnt sure if the over idle was a cause of this?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Hi guys well i have an 05 and it sounds like it has a high idle but it only shows up around 16-18k.
Well one thing... my bike redlines at 15K so I'd say 16-18K is slightly more than idle. Just kidding

I'd say to check/change your coolant. I'm not going to explain all the reasons but yhe bike reads the engine temp from the coolant and adjusts the idle acordingly. If you have coolant problems... you have overheating problems and idle speed problems. All might be fixed with one stone.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright thanks ill give that a go, yea meant 1500 lol was at work trying to get a quick post in didnt proofread lol thanks

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
flush and replace coolant and make sure to give it a good burp and 2-3 good flushes with distilled water. go from there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts