Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an external knob to adjust idle speed on the 07/08RR? If so, where is it located?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
this has been covered a lot.

no you cannot adjust the idle on an 07 or 08
it is computer controlled at 1500 rpms

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
unless you know how to fully reprogram the ecu and have the software to do so and the knowledge your anwser is NO!

·
Registered
50 Posts
anyone know what it should be for an 05 600rr? manual says 1300 +/- 100. thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
wow... there is such a thing as a dumb question. >_<;
in my defense, many people don't follow the manual. for example, oil.

manual says use GN4 and change every 8k after first oil change but i know most people don't change every 8k and there are numerous brands of engine oil people use.

I was simply looking for a recommendation cause the guy at my local shop said 1300 was a bit high and changed it to 1100.

K

·
0 Posts
what they also don't read is how Honda wants you to ride the bike in order to follow the RMS verbatim. you can absolutely go 8000 miles if you follow their operation guidelines. but lets be realistic... wind tunnel testing on a dyno just isn't real world.

·
Registered
159 Posts
what they also don't read is how Honda wants you to ride the bike in order to follow the RMS verbatim. you can absolutely go 8000 miles if you follow their operation guidelines. but lets be realistic... wind tunnel testing on a dyno just isn't real world.
not even, I know most just use computer simulations for that stuff and only break out the physical when doing certifications and limited real world apps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts