Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I had a yosh slip-on my idle speed upon starting the bike would be around 1500 rpm and then it would go down to 1300 when the bike got warm. In other words the idle speed was higher when the bike was cold.

Now that I have the Yosh, the idle speed is lower when cold and gets higher when the bike warms up. Is this anything to be concerned about?

·
Registered
161 Posts
OH CRAP DUDE DO NOT RIDE IT UNTIL A MECHANIC HAS FIXED IT!
nah just kiddn. thats normal. the more mods, the more it will behave different. not to worry. when people talk about 'drivability' vs 'performance'... this is sort of a micro example of that. im sure it's all scientific about air flow and back presure etc.

·
Registered
526 Posts
i have the yosh and mine just sounds like it has a big cam in it when its cold, its sounds cool

·
Registered
615 Posts
sorry to bring up an old thread... but mine does that as well. i do have a question though... since i installed my slip on... i notice that my idle speed stutters... bw 1200 to 1400 rpms. instead of a rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr noise, it'll make a rrr rrr rrr rrr rrr rrr. and not in a long duration either, like every second it'll change and stutter. is this normal??? if i set my rpm at 1500 at idle... it's more of a consistant rumble. also, if i set it at 1000 it's more consistent as well but sound like my engine might cut off if i set it any lower. should i just keep it at 1500 rpms????

·
Registered
369 Posts
Back pressure is a key reason like BennyBoi said earlier. Less exhaust restriction means there is a lesser chance for exhaust gases to be hanging in the head/mid pipes therefore creating more choppieness in the exhaust flow. To steal this from RRacer......
rrr rrr rrr rrr rrr
If you ride the bike around stop and go for about 10 mins. Stop on level ground and start it and let idle in neutral and adjust idle to around 1300rpm +or- 100rpm. That is the factory spec.

·
Registered
615 Posts
fretless33 said:
It's amazing the things I think nothing about, others freak out about... :???:
hehe not freaked out about.. just wondering. my friends from outta town left their bikes in my garage for the week and i've been riding theirs since mine's outta commission for a lil while and i noticed that theirs don't stutter but stays at a constant rpm even when you just start the bike

hayden... will do, i guess i was freaked out for nothing ;-) :lol2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts