Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went riding the other day and everything was normal, usally idles around 1500rpm but when i got off the freeway and stopped at a right light i noticed it was idling at 2000rpm. thought it was just from the ride but 2 days later its still the same. will it eventually go back down? did i do something or is there anything i can do?

·
Registered
491 Posts
you can adjust the idle using the idle adjustment dial, should be on the side of the bike, between the fairings. play with it until the idle drops to around 1350 or so on a warm bike..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hrmmm i'll have to see, saw on another thread that on an 07 it doesn't exist

·
Registered
697 Posts
Even if the 07 doesn't have that remote, there's probably still an adjustment screw somewhere.

I just made a minor adjustment with my remote the other day on my 05, works like a charm.

D

·
0 Posts
Only 03-06 have the idle adjustment. 07+ does it electrically and there's no adjustment.

Pull your airbox and check that nothing is pinching any of the vacuum hoses. Also check the IACV for sticking.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i never got around to checking for pinched hoses but now when i start it up it idles low, a lil over 1k sounds like a hot rod with a big cam. think i need a power camander or re-jetted?

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
well i never got around to checking for pinched hoses but now when i start it up it idles low, a lil over 1k sounds like a hot rod with a big cam. think i need a power camander or re-jetted?
Nope, that will do no good whatsoever, you need to fix the problem

1 - 10 of 10 Posts