Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inside Edition just ran about a 10minute piece on streetbikes. Basically the entire thing was $hit talking spree. the piece went on and on talking about how motorcyclists run people off the roads, want everyone to get outta their way, try to get cops to chase them, and many "dont even have a license".

Then IE went on to say that motorcyclists kill people by running them off the road. They sited 3 crashes where car drivers were hurt. Only in one of the crashes did a bike even hit a car......funny thing was that the car was hit on the driver side door, as if it had pulled out in front of the bike (they just said the bike rammed the car, then exploded). The rest of the crashes had motorists who drove off the road by themselves.

then IE said a state trooper in florida died responding to a call about motorcycle drag racing. they didnt say if the cop even got to the scene, only that he hit a tree and died while responding to the call (very sad).

The whole thing was pretty one sided.
They did say fatalities have gone up 70% though...... that did suprise me.
anyways, just thought it was kinda interesting.

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
these people are just stupid, the producer probably got cut off by a bike and got pissed. i hate to make assumptions, but they just based an entire episode on assumptions "all bikers are dangerous" complete :monkey_poo:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Welcome to the media today, it is rarely ever pointing out both sides, and is usually pretty one sided. That in itself isn't the bad part, the bad part is that America is full of dumbasses that actually believe the stuff.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Think we should flood IE with stories of motorcyclist hit by blind drivers. Since no alert trained driver would forget to check their blind spots or actually pay attention to the road would honestly have a license.

This is like that crap a few months ago where DJ's were condoning running cyclists off the roads. this crap just outrages me.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Didn't see the article...but reading the caption, I can't help but some-what agree. I hate the face that people like the Street Fighters (and others, I was just into the street fighters for a bit...and I know a few of them post here) are making (from what I've heard) pretty damn good money off of these videos. I know that the Street Fighterz all practice their **** in controlled enviornments, but they use public roads for the taping of their stunts for their videos. And what-ever, you can say that you only use the streets for taping, but what is the news and media going to see? The footage of your stunts on the street...not your "practice sessions" in loading dock areas and back roads...

I just...really, really, really don't like stunterz. And no, not because I "can't stunt...because I can..." Because of the bad name they've given this sport in the public's view.

·
Registered
546 Posts
i thought this thread was about internet exploder saying we kill people. ;-)

i think if the people doing that report looked at the total numbers of motorcyclists killed by cars, they would have no story.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Tell Inside Edition that I'm going to run that person over, who ever wrote this story, with my bike while he's driving home from work in his/her Hummer. That's just BS. People like that need to be sent to Iraq to fight the war.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I just read the stats from a .gov site and it said that bike wrecks were up 11% so how could fatalities be up 70%?

·
4,452 Posts
quasi888 said:
Inside Edition does not qualify as journalism in my book.
Just like MCN doesn't qualify as journalsm in my book...those bull-shitters...

...Wings is on...gotta watch...

·
Registered
799 Posts
Meddie is spot on. These guys (stunterzzz, the z's are like amatuer (z), expert (zz) and pro (zzz)) are giving sportbikes a bad name. It is going to result in legislation at some point. I hear they are already talking about it here in FL. The reason I hate stuntas, dog :roll: , is not what they do... or to some extent that they do it on the street, but it seems if it isn't dangerous or there isn't serious risk of bodily harm, then it isn't cool. You can't pull a stunt in leathers... that would be weenie, not to mention such crazy ideas as shoes instead of flip flops or God forbid, Alpinestars. The attitude is just a$$ backwards. I take every precaution at the track to ensure my saftey WHEN I crash. Stunterz, take your circus to a controlled environment, you will enjoy yourself a lot more. I am 1000 times more impressed by the full straightaway standup wheelie by RL Hayden AFTER a long race at Laguna Seca then by anything you could ever do on the street. :bitchslap:

·
4,452 Posts
CCSEX122, hit the head on the nail...haha...or nail on the head (which do you prefer?) I couldn't agree more. Listen to interviews or watch that "MTV True Live: I'm a Stunna" show and you'll understand. Most of those guys are more "balls than brains". Half of them are friggin' retarded. Like that one dude in the show that was like "competition is for pussies, we take this **** to the streets, that's where real riders seperate themselves from the comp riders!" I hope that dude wrecks and can't or won't ever ride again...SERIOUSLY. I'm so sick of the stunters "I've got bigger balls than you" bull ****...there are a few exceptions, but AAH?!!H!H!Hadsljfasodfja;sldfjasdf.

...I'm done with this, it makes me want to hurt too many people...

But I agree with you.

******* :squid:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts