Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it must be a scam lol

got these emails in reply to a NJ Craigslist ad:

"Hello and sorry for the late reply. Hope I'm not too late and you didn't already purchased another bike.
I saw you are interested in my 2008 Honda CBR 600cc.Here are some details regarding the bike:it has 780 miles( it's like new ) - i gotta sell it fast because of my job.It's rust free, no scratch and hasn't been involved in any accident( never been laid down either).No water / flood or storm damage.This is one of the best bikes I have owned so far.I have the clear title in my hand.I want this transaction to be smooth and I don't have much time at my disposal to engage in endless discussions. I believe $3,800 is more than a fair price for this bike.Let me know if you are interested.

Thank you,
Lt. William Cooper"

"
The bike is at MacDill AFB, Tampa Bay, FL, where I am currently stationed, until May 14th, when I will be deployed to Iraq (I'm a US AirForce Lieutenant). Shipping won't be a problem for me,being a military I have access to some special facilities. I will take care of that, with no costs on your end.It will come with all the necessary papers (clear title, bill of sale, warranty documents, user’s manual,insurance). This is a large amount and I would like to conduct the deal using an authorized third party like Ebay using their Purchase Protection Program, so this should eliminate any trust issues. They will keep a deposit until the purchase is final, and you test and accept the bike. If you will not get the bike as described, and also a clean title you will receive your money back.To be able to use this program you need to qualify. I have been approved 3 years ago and I was very satisfied. So, if you are interested in buying my bike just let me know your name, shipping address and a phone number where I can reach you if necessary and I will forward these to eBay's protection program and wait for the approval."

soo yea... i dont think im gonna answer back to this
and again, this was posted in the New Jersey section, not Florida
he sent me a link of pics
http://s640.photobucket.com/albums/uu122/willcbr600/hondacbr600/

·
Registered
882 Posts
i saw the same ad here in richmond, on craigs list, and i got the exact same response as you. the reason i emailed in the 1st place was because my graffiti was stolen last year and i thought that this may be it. you can bet for sure it is a scam.the pics of the bike were taken in richmond from the looks of it, but he is in Tampa. not to mention 3800 for a bike. except for the date he is "deploying" (he told me april 28th) it is pretty much, word for word. he sent me the same photos as well. go ahead and reply it will be fun.

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
scamming bastards

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i saw the same ad here in richmond, on craigs list, and i got the exact same response as you. the reason i emailed in the 1st place was because my graffiti was stolen last year and i thought that this may be it. you can bet for sure it is a scam.the pics of the bike were taken in richmond from the looks of it, but he is in Tampa. not to mention 3800 for a bike. except for the date he is "deploying" (he told me april 28th) it is pretty much, word for word. he sent me the same photos as well. go ahead and reply it will be fun.

probably, but i dont feel like wasting my time on it. If YOU want keep talking to him and post whatever else he says.

and Sorry to hear about your bike man.

·
Registered
157 Posts
haha, i've been emailing this same dude for a couple days now, just messin with him, making him think i'm really interested in the bike. what a moron.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Only buy a bike if it locally forget about shipping a bike. You can't trust anyone nowadays, scammers are really smart, they have a fake paypal websites. It looks identical to the paypal website but once you log in they hack into your account and take all your fund. It's a messed up world buyer beware.

·
Registered
882 Posts
no big deal. insurance paid and i picked up a new one. ya, after the 3rd email i stopped going back and forth. it was fun for a minute.

·
Registered
233 Posts
yea, this add has been all over craigslist, beware.

you should reply to him that you just happen to be in florida or that you found a cheap flight for tomorrow and will meet him, pay cash and take possession. hahaha

see what the excuse is...

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
yea, this add has been all over craigslist, beware.

you should reply to him that you just happen to be in florida or that you found a cheap flight for tomorrow and will meet him, pay cash and take possession. hahaha

see what the excuse is...
I did something similar to a guy who posted the same type of scam... I told him that I had an uncle that lived where he said the bike was and that he was willing to check it out and take possession for me if he thought everything was good. Never heard back from the guy offering the bike...

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Only buy a bike if it locally forget about shipping a bike. You can't trust anyone nowadays, scammers are really smart, they have a fake paypal websites. It looks identical to the paypal website but once you log in they hack into your account and take all your fund. It's a messed up world buyer beware.
The joke is on them if they try to clean me out. My bike already gets all my free cash.

·
Registered
658 Posts
it must be a scam lol

got these emails in reply to a NJ Craigslist ad:

"Hello and sorry for the late reply. Hope I'm not too late and you didn't already purchased another bike.
I saw you are interested in my 2008 Honda CBR 600cc.Here are some details regarding the bike:it has 780 miles( it's like new ) - i gotta sell it fast because of my job.It's rust free, no scratch and hasn't been involved in any accident( never been laid down either).No water / flood or storm damage.This is one of the best bikes I have owned so far.I have the clear title in my hand.I want this transaction to be smooth and I don't have much time at my disposal to engage in endless discussions. I believe $3,800 is more than a fair price for this bike.Let me know if you are interested.

Thank you,
Lt. William Cooper"

"
The bike is at MacDill AFB, Tampa Bay, FL, where I am currently stationed, until May 14th, when I will be deployed to Iraq (I'm a US AirForce Lieutenant). Shipping won't be a problem for me,being a military I have access to some special facilities. I will take care of that, with no costs on your end.It will come with all the necessary papers (clear title, bill of sale, warranty documents, user’s manual,insurance). This is a large amount and I would like to conduct the deal using an authorized third party like Ebay using their Purchase Protection Program, so this should eliminate any trust issues. They will keep a deposit until the purchase is final, and you test and accept the bike. If you will not get the bike as described, and also a clean title you will receive your money back.To be able to use this program you need to qualify. I have been approved 3 years ago and I was very satisfied. So, if you are interested in buying my bike just let me know your name, shipping address and a phone number where I can reach you if necessary and I will forward these to eBay's protection program and wait for the approval."

soo yea... i dont think im gonna answer back to this
and again, this was posted in the New Jersey section, not Florida
he sent me a link of pics
http://s640.photobucket.com/albums/uu122/willcbr600/hondacbr600/
tell him your down in FLorida and want to look at it.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Haha... I Flagged the same exact post with the same exact pics on the Ithaca, NY Craigslist about two weeks ago and got it removed.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Ya...I got something kind of fishy this morning. I'm selling a SSS Pitbull rear stand via craigslist, because I simply don't need it anymore.

Dude wants to write me a cashier's check, which is all well and fine, but he wants my FULL name, Address, Home, Work and Cell Number.

So..you want me to give you how much information about me???? For a measly $145???? Ya....whatever.

Oh...and his "mover" will come over and pick up the stand.

I typically meet sellers at a neutral location anyways. I don't like complete strangers knowing where I live and what I keep in my garage.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ya...I got something kind of fishy this morning. I'm selling a SSS Pitbull rear stand via craigslist, because I simply don't need it anymore.

Dude wants to write me a cashier's check, which is all well and fine, but he wants my FULL name, Address, Home, Work and Cell Number.

So..you want me to give you how much information about me???? For a measly $145???? Ya....whatever.

Oh...and his "mover" will come over and pick up the stand.

I typically meet sellers at a neutral location anyways. I don't like complete strangers knowing where I live and what I keep in my garage.

yea be careful...

sounds like the thing thats going on NY recently...
People wanna buy or sell you something and when they figure out your info your house gets broken into and all your sh!ts gone

1 - 20 of 22 Posts