Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’M kinda DONE! Minus my destroyed engine : (
WOW, finally, I have my bike back together. It’s been a learning experience fixing her up. :banghead: I’ve done a lot of work, mostly by myself. I have also added a lot of crap since the accident.

Arata Slip-on
Power Commander III USB
Dan Kyle pair valve covers
Removed Smog/Evap components

Galfer Wave Rotors
Galfer SS super bike lines
G-craft rear reservoir
OEM seat cowl
Powder Coated- Swing arm, Engine covers, Heel Guard
Mesh inserts- Tail vents and Ram Air

I think I spent about 1500 on all the mods, maybe more. But that doesn’t even include all the parts I had to replace to get the bike working, and looking normal which consisted of-

05 full Fairing set
Fairing brackets
Pro-bolt fairing bolts
Radiator
Clutch cable
Clip-ons
Replacement foot pegs and bolts for the Sato’s

I know there are a bunch of other stupid little things I am forgetting; I don’t really care though, I’m just glad to have her back in one piece. I want to thank everybody that has helped me out with anything-
///nando1, froggie3kb, Shooter, Parapuke, Lexusrx, Ceph, Countyblues, Nick @ Riders inc, Dan @ Kyle racing USA, everybody really…

And of course, Thank you E-bay

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
bikes lookin good mang. all that hard work and now your engine dont work. sorry to hear that. i thought you were gonna take that in and get it looked at from the last thread??

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
she looks really good man. i'm glad you got yours pretty much done. good work!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think i blew a piston ring, there is oil in the air box, and the exhaust smokes badly. If i run the bike for more than a few minutes, oil builds up on the tip of my exhaust. I took the airbox off the other night and its a fricken mess in there. Honda dosent want to cover it under warranty because the bike was in a accident. BUT this problem started 4 months and 600 miles after the accident....
So i am gonna fight it!

after i took it apart yesterday, The FI wont prime, so i took it back apart and checked all the connections and the PCIII, everything seems fine...but now it wont prime :(

I have the worst luck.....

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
dude, you do have the worst chain of luck ever. i hope you didnt run into my problem. blown ignition coil. FI fuse keeps blowing itself out after replacing with a good one. New Wire Harness under warranty, make them do that one. =)

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Sorry to hear that Toe. You do have the worst of luck. I hope you get it covered. Hurry up and get that thing in the BOTM contest. You should win.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Thats why it is so important to have a shop look at your bike and have them okay it. Some type of inspection would suffice, and then they couldn't claim no warranty because of an accident. Anyway's, the other party should have paid for a full inspection. If a shop did look at your bike, then you should use that document to fight it.

·
Registered
830 Posts
i'm not much of a mechanic, but do you have too much oil in your motor? i heard somewhere that if you have too much oil, oil will get in the air box and probably smoke real bad from the exhaust.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts