Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
I am pretty happy with how my 1st race weekend turned out. I won my rookie race and took 6th in my 1st Novice race. No issues with my 1st race weekend. My second race weekend I scored two 1st place finishes.....

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
gbord said:
Nice! I've got the sprockets covered. Haven't run race fuel before, but might as well start.

Tuna, I can only dream that my first weekend will turn out like that. So if you wouldn't do anything different, how about some advice then!!:icon_lol:
I ran my race at my comfort level. I probably could have done a little better but was uncomfortable making some passes that I now do without thinking about it. 1st weekend is all about going at your pace and getting comfortable with what is happening. If you push too hard your 1st time out you have a good chance of falling. I recommend trying to keep yourself calm and focuing on the rider in front of you.....try and move up one position at a time and just ride your own race....

·
Registered
596 Posts
insurance. you must have it. trust me you need it more then tires, gas ,or anything else. i will never go to a track/race day without insurance.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
sargeek1975 said:
Classes...................

The WERA 600cc classes are just stupid dangerous. Too many idiots that just don't give a f*ck.

I'd be doing light weight twins........................
Idiots exist everywhere. So the idea is to get out and check out. The faster you are, the less you have to deal with until you get to lapping people. Just as long as some hero doesn't hit you from behind or run you off the track. Every class is dangerous. Last I heard so was motorcylce racing.

In my first race I wish I was more agressive on the start. I got stuck mid pack and made it up to sixth and had 5,4 and 3 right in front of me and the red flag came out. I took a 4th my next race out which was my first trophy. Overall, it was a great weekend. I learned a lot.

·
Registered
507 Posts
if your racing at a trackday event, and you go down because of someone else.. i.e hitting you, or just anything to cause you go down, would their insurance cover the damage to your bike??

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
TrikyWoo said:
if your racing at a trackday event, and you go down because of someone else.. i.e hitting you, or just anything to cause you go down, would their insurance cover the damage to your bike??
i doubt any insurance company insures a race bike. some companies will cover track day though

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
let's see..... bigger rotors & sinter pads, higher profile tires, more powerful engine & a full leather racing suit & boots. oh i forgot this one; more money for track rental.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
TrikyWoo said:
Racing and trackdays are two seperate things. Don't confuse the two.

Your own insurance *may* cover you at a trackday. I wouldn't count on someone else's insurance to cover anything though -- and for that matter, I wouldn't even try. You are out there at your own risk.

·
Registered
486 Posts
TrikyWoo said:

Um no............................you are on a track.

My race bike doesn't even have a title; let alone insurance or registration.

And ya; if you wanna race at a track day I'll hit you myself; ie. fist into face.

·
Registered
226 Posts
What I would do different:
-Take out 3/4 of the fuel that I had in it for a 16 lap race.
-Stop getting eaten up in the turns by 600s
-Get in better shape
- Not miss the practice
-Not get my suspension worked on prior to the race and not testing it.

What I did since then:
-Bought a 600RR

·
What ever its supposed to be....
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I should get two trackdays in at VIR before the race weekend. If I could say I had a home track, that would be it. Already fiddled with the suspension, so that's out of the way. The 600rr is the only bike I've ever owned. So thanks for the lower fuel advice. :toothy6:

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Good Luck Man! I know you'll do well! I'll be at Summit Point racing!

gbord said:
Well I should get two trackdays in at VIR before the race weekend. If I could say I had a home track, that would be it. Already fiddled with the suspension, so that's out of the way. The 600rr is the only bike I've ever owned. So thanks for the lower fuel advice. :toothy6:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts