Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With this method the fuel pump is being killed, yes the pump will prime for a second or two and the bike will try to fire, but once it ignites for a split second the bike has no chance of running! I had trouble finding a small write up on this so here it is.. my way... I chose to do it this way so there was no cuts on the factory harness, and everything can go back right as it came from honda.

• First locate this wire below the fuel pump relay on the fuse box.

• Next with a small small flat head screw driver, go in there and push the little clip holding the connector in place, as you do so with a tiny phillips screw driver on the other side where the relay would push in.. apply some pressure so the connector slides out as shown

• Basically this IGN/DISABLE works like a relay, so alls you are doing is putting this "relay" in between the path of the fuel pump wire. The IGN/DISABLE as you you know has 2 wires, put a male connector on one end and now shove it into the female connector just taken from the fuse box, and shrink tube it to be safe as shown.

• Now for those with good common sense the next step is simple, place a female connector on the other IGN/DISABLE wire and insert it into the fuse box as the one originally was, inserting it into the same spot. You may have to modify the connector a tiny bit if it doesnt click in. I did a little bit and it clicked in nicely!

welcome!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
thanks i have that just sitting in my room because i never could find the wire..have you tested it and how was it

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep I tested this with the siren going off about a half hour ago, as soon as I turn the key on, the remote senses "ignition" with the key symbol, vibrating and making the noise as it should as the bikes alarm is going off as well, then I put the switch on to activate the fuel pump, you can here i guess a prime on the pump, as you go to start the engine it attemps to start for a split second followed by nothing. It just chugs and chugs, I tried restarting it and all.. Nothing! Works great and I'm very happy

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to change this actually, when the bike is running, its hard to kill it with the IGN/Disable wired to the fuel pump. I'm going to wire it to cut spark next time i get a chance

·
Registered
3 Posts
For 2013 to 2017 Honda CBR 600RR Ignition Disable. Just installed Scorpio SRX-900 alarm in my 2017 Honda CBR 600RR. Wired the Remote Ignition Disable module to the Engine Stop Relay by interrupting the Black wire - see attached wiring diagram. The Engine Stop Relay and Black wire are highlighted by a red arrow and a red text box.

Steps:
(1) Removed black wire and its female connector from fuse box.
(2) Inserted new female connector with 8" of wire (from an old Honda wiring harness) into fuse box.
(3) Connected ignition disable module to these two wires.
Works perfectly... good luck with your install!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts