Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her
5,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, i'm down in the souther most part of missouri, we have TONS of sayings that are soo stupid, yet sometimes refreshingly funny. None of them really seem to have a meaning, what about everyone here, does this go on there to?

examples.

I'll tell you one thing.-(thats the extent of the sentence,nothing is actually told)

or

Ain't that a birddog.- (used when referring to pretty much anything.)

and

The hell you say boy.- (used anytime someone says something another disagrees with.)

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
GET R DONE!!!!! UMMMMM PAAAA

you sum bitch

what are all yins doing?

i ran out

·
Registered
971 Posts
I have a friend that always says, "Well there ya go". I always make a smart ass coment and say, "Well, where the hell am I going?". It's just one of those things that drives me nuts. I think I stopped him from saying it, but now I catch myself saying sometimes. Dammit!

·
5,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We've got some older freinds, where i live we say ya'll, but they are a little north of here, and it's at like a vacation spot, so we know them pretty well and instead of ya'll, they say you-uns, the first time they said it i was like what you got some Funions?

there's always, "We'll $hit man", i'm like don't have to
and when you are messing with someone and the go "Come on man" what the hell is that supposed to mean keep screwin with them?

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
Zachsimus said:
"you'll have that"
hey, that's my saying

the other one i like to do, is. Say someone whacks their thumb with a hammer, or generally hurts themselves in a way that amuses me. i'll look at them and ask them "how'd that feel?"

or, if your tired of messing with something, and just kinda half-ass is so it works for now. "F*ck it, it'll ride"

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I say things like

I reckon so
I done ate already
I plum forgot
Aint that some ****
I done did it already

All this coming from a socal asian guy.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
F*ckin' amazing...

How bout that sh*t...

F*ckin' right...

H

·
0 Posts
"they call me tater salad" "you caught the tater"

i had to use some quotes from ron white.. hilarious...

·
5,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think blue collar comedy spawned a whole new language filled with quotes from their show.

I like "Damnit Bobby" from king of the hill usedwhen referrring to just about anyone for just about anything

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Ceph said:
hey, that's my saying

the other one i like to do, is. Say someone whacks their thumb with a hammer, or generally hurts themselves in a way that amuses me. i'll look at them and ask them "how'd that feel?"
Hahahahaha, I like that one

Ceph said:
or, if your tired of messing with something, and just kinda half-ass is so it works for now. "F*ck it, it'll ride"
Mine on my race bike is "Well, I'm gunna throw it down the track eventually anyway"

The guy I rode down to Arroyo with last time was giving me a shpeel about how Krylon spray paint isn't "good enough" to use on his race bike (2000 R6 with a tweaked chrome frame). I just looked at him all confused and asked him why the hell he would dump hundreds of dollars into a race bike's paint that he's just going to throw down the track sooner or later anyway...

Plus I like my gear to look all ratty and torn up anyway...if crashing wouldn't **** up my bike, I'd go lay it down just to put some "character" into my suit... And you just can't beat the look on all the guys who've dropped $5,000 into a sweet paint scheme and a suit that's made of solid gold (read--some dude at Arroyo while I was there on a Telephonica Movistar Gixxer, Rossi neon yellow leathers, Rossi Rep helmet and gloves, and who knows what kind of boots...) after you lap them in all your ratty ass glory...

My moto's for my race bike (one of which I already said...)

"Well, I'm gunna throw it down the track eventually anyway..." and
"Looks good in pictures, and that's all that really matters...right?"

Down here, when people like to ask questions, they call the person on the other end of the question "Boss".

"So, Boss...how much for a pack of smokes?"

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
"the hell you say" hahah, my dad says that all the time when someone is telling him a story!

"like putting socks on a rooster" when something is very difficult.

C

·
0 Posts
Question: do you know where ??? is?
reply: if it was up in ya you would know where it is.

Sure travis (your friend said a lie)

Nothing! (you messed up on what you were going to say, or you stumbled while drunk)

I tell you what. (start of a long bragging story)

I'll get my ass chewed out. (possibly doing something without permission)

Shake it off (Gf dumps or cheats on you or fight with a buddy or friend)

Keep it in your pants (telling your buddy to ride fast but not too fast)

Go for it! (strictly used in 4 wheeling for a real hairy & gnarley route)

I'm going for it! (possibly commitinig suicide)

·
Registered
996 Posts
I think it is funny when people try to use old sayings but mess them up or don't know them.

For instance - (heard in a bathroom at work) guy#1 tells guy#2 "...he is making money hand over foot..."

The saying is actually "hand over fist" and originated from fishing, I think.

I've also heard someone say "useless as tits on a cow" - the saying is actually "useless as tits on a bull" or "tits on a boar" - no explanation needed. People just say stuff without ever thinking about it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My old college roommate had a saying that I think was spawned by alcohol one night. We are at a party and both saw one of the hotter girls on campus. I think I said something to him like “did you see her ass; I swear it gets better every semester.” My roommate with his country Philosophy says “Yeah, she does have a serious ass too bad she’s dumb as two flat rocks!”
To this day I don’t know what flat rocks have to do with anything much less a chic’s ass.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts