Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I should've posted this a couple weeks ago when it first happened but I've been too busy to upload the pics.. Anyway, my RR punished me for neglecting her. I was on my way out of the house to go to work when it happened. I was walking toward the car when I realized I forgot something, so I had to go back for a minute. I was on my way out for the second time, when the dew on my shoes from the gras caused me to slip and dive head first into my beloved 600RR. Bet you can't guess where my head made contact with the bike.. THE END OF THE FOOTPEG!.. I got up and was like "f*ck!", cause I knew I must've split my head open, although it didn't hurt. I ran up the stairs to get my mom to see how bad it was and she made me go in the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and my face was covered in blood. I Ended up going to the Hospital to get 6 stitches The cut started to really hurt and my head was aching by the time we got there (1/2 hour drive). The cut was an inch long and it was about 1/2" open from side to side. It was interesting, to say the least. Like, how the hell do you hurt yourself on a motorcycle without actually riding it? LOL

Here are a couple pics. Sorry bout the bad quality.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
ouch that sucks really bad

·
Registered
42 Posts
lol lol
it was my birthday a week odd ago
i got totaly hammered too many free drinks
i fell over at top of steps in hall
girlfriend put me to bed, went downstairs,
i rolled out of bed and hit head on wooden floor, problem is on floor was a screw
so yeah i know the feeling i cut my head open not as much as you
but blood was all over hands and on floor, didnt go for stiches though:)

yes best present ever on my birthday day had banging insane headache lasting 3 days lol

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I normally wouldn't go for stitches (never had them before this), but in this case I feel it was totally necessary to allow it to heal nicely. As you can see, I shave my hair very short, so I don't want a big knob of scar tissue to rip into with the clippers everytime I bean my hair off.LOL

The doc did a real nice job of stiching it up. It's healed perfectly now and there are no bumps or anything from scarring.

N

·
0 Posts
You should have seen VistorQ's mishap on his bike. No, not bike as in RR but bike as in bicycle....LMAO!!!

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
You're mom must have had a hissy you rolling up on her with your face all covered in blood and all.. LOL...

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She was actually accross the road waiting for the bus with my little sister. I called to her from my house and said "Mom, c'mere I just split my head open".. She comes over from accross the road and started flipping out and I was like "I'm fine I'm fine.. is it bad?" I was laughing about it the whole time, but you know how Mother's can be. Ahh Good times!

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Yeah, I do bro...
When I was about 10, I cut my hand open real good with a box cutter. Didn't cry at all until I showed my mom and SHE SNAPPED!! Once she freaked out, I freaked out and started crying like a school girl. All the way to the hospital she yelled at my older brother for letting me get my hands on that knife... LOL Moms, you gotta love em.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
LOL!
that is the same for when i busted my chin(9 stitches) open and again a few years later when split my eyebrow (5 stitches). The first incident my mom flipped out and the second time my dad panicked. Of course i did not feel a thing until i saw it myself. It is still funny thinking back on it though

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
damm ryan thats crazy actually seeing the pics..... well good thing it happened that day in a way cause tha twas the day i went to westport and that guy wrecked his bike off the cliff and into the pond.

glad to hear its healing good

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea it almost seems as though it happened for a reason.. Who knows.

Not sure if you knew this, Mats, but there was actually a second accident that night involving 2 guys. I believe one of them is in ICU with a broken back or something like that.

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
mental note, wear helmet before approaching your bike.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts