Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.
Well, Sorry I have been away for a while..
Work had gotten the best of me, or should I say lack of work.
Anyhow, Im going on my 3 months of riding .. Getting much better...

Still using too much back break though :( Locked up my rear wheel a few weeks ago... boy that was scary !

But overall I am doing much better.
Just wanted to give an update !
Glad everyone seems to be doing well around here.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Nice to see you again. Hopefully the leghumpers can contain themselves this time around. . . . . . Hey practice not even using your rear brake if you can help it. Unless it's fora straight line emergency. . . . . more front brake practice.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Welcome back. It's in your best interest to get comfortable NOT using your rear brake at all until you get more comfortable with the front. If you put enough trust into your front brakes, you will not feel the need to get on your rear brakes so hard. That doesn't mean jam on your front brakes harder than usuall. I just mean take your time and get more comfortable with the front and appreciate the power of them. Once you realise that your front brakes are capable of stopping you on their own, you won't worry so much about the rear.. Hope that was easy to comprehend.lol

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Don't be afraid to use the front brake, theres a LOT of traction and breaking power to be had from the front tire that u may not realize (on dry pavement I don't even use the rear). Be smooth.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I thought bethany was actually another member on this forum? a MALE member.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys..
i guess i didnt realize how much back break i was using.....
and i underestimated the power of the front break !

im working on it though !

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
welcome back... practice practice practice!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Opinions are like @ssholes. Everyone has them and most of them stink. I touch the rear brake about twice a season putting down 10,000 miles and 40+ races. There is no time you should ever use it 50-50. Whoever told you that should get a fat lip.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
i use my rear when i am on a hill to keep it from rolling back on take off... just easier then using the front... but i stop with the front... of course here again i blip when downshifting on the street also.... which most i know of don't that is out of the people i ride with anyway... now that i think about it i am the only one that does it hahah.

·
Registered
886 Posts
i think there are 2 instances in which I use the rear brake

1) stunting
2) slowing down in sand/gravel

1 - 20 of 37 Posts