Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Details: 2008 Yamaha R1, lightly modded. :banger:

Shot in one day on a 150ish mile ride. This is the first time I've ridden these roads. (Essentially every corner was an unknown one) Additionally,

I havent been on a sportbike (or car or anything for that matter for 6 months due to getting too many points and receiving a suspended lic.)

Today was my FIRST ride in 6 months, so I HAD to bring a camera and go explore some new territory. I felt a little rusty and my form might be off a bit, but I had a great time. *BTW the cam was mounted to the top of the windshield...The higher up it's mounted the slower things look.
As you can see, there are alot of awesome parts of road, but still alot of scattered dirt in random places.

Well I just finished editing (took a few hours but I'm fairly satisfied with how it turned out especially after my extended hiatus from riding)

Let me know what you think friends!!! I'm stoaked to be back again!!

*All vids are 720P HD*

Here's the faster section mixed in with some sool shots and some tech sections too...

Better quality on vimeo:

HERE'S the ...Slower more technical section (part two)

And last here's the section of only rearward-facing-me shots

I had almost brand new tires on the R1, and here's a pic of how they looked after I stopped midway for a little breather.

*and just a disclaimer that you should all know, this is 100% computer generated.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You seem like a great guy and a good rider. Great fotage, sounds and action! We are never good enough riders to prevent idiots coming out of parking without looking for instance so be extra careful when you ride out there man. Bring that fast beast to the track dude you'll have a blast

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks Jeff, ya I'd like to get out to a track, maybe in 2011 when they open again in cali.

Glad ya liked the vids!

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Nice videos. Definitely some fast paced sweepers out there.

Hopefully people here will be able to avoid calling you a squid and a reckless tool who shouldn't own a motorcycle due to breaking the speed limit. Happens a bit too much on here.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice videos. Definitely some fast paced sweepers out there.

Hopefully people here will be able to avoid calling you a squid and a reckless tool who shouldn't own a motorcycle due to breaking the speed limit. Happens a bit too much on here.
I thought squids didn't wear full gear and can't control their bikes properly?

But ya I know how people on here are quick to name call, I used to be a pretty active member when I had my RR. Loved that bike. But oh well, just thought some of ya might enjoy a decent rip ride on my R1. If not, that's okay too.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Awesome video and bike. I ride my friends R1 I didn't really enjoy it (maneuverability wise). I'm thinking about getting a GoPro and doing what you did just for enjoyment. Keep them coming if this is what you like to do!

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Wreckless tool!!! jk I couldnt resist. Good stuff. Wish we had some of that here in S GA. Just be careful man. Hate to see you in the CBB section next. Nice bike btw

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Got excited when you said slower technical shyt..... those sweepers were high speed dude, nothing technical about them. Now going through the mountains out here @ 25-35 mph with paper clip switch backs.... that's technical. Cool videos though... need to realize that those roads aren't a track nor are they maintained like one....

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got excited when you said slower technical shyt..... those sweepers were high speed dude, nothing technical about them. Now going through the mountains out here @ 25-35 mph with paper clip switch backs.... that's technical. Cool videos though... need to realize that those roads aren't a track nor are they maintained like one....
Ah well if you want tight roads, check out this one, start it at 3:25 and watch 'till the end mate!

:banger:

·
Registered
901 Posts
Sketchy!!! lol... Great videos tho. Those are def some redic AWESOME Roads you guys have in Socal to ride... Nothing like that here in Mass lol... Be careful! Rip it up!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey I was born at mass general, grew up in Boston, then newburyport, then marblehead.
That's my home, but I do love CA. I moved to Laguna beach 12 years ago, then mu to Santa barbara 5 years ago. The weather is nice, but CA is to new to have any real history.

I came back to bean town last summer and the big dig was finished! I was like WTF happened here lol. I guess it looks better but It sure has changed.

Glad you like the vids dude.

·
Registered
853 Posts
So still a Pats fan? It should be a good one tomorrow.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Aww damn it I'm retarded. I never set the tire pressure after not riding it for all those months, but I did just now. The front was at 14PSI (!) I set it back to 30PSI and it feels sooo much better. Damn. When I was riding in those vids I felt a little off and sluggish, but thought it was because I'd not been on the bike for so long.... I'm off to have the suspension setup tomorrow by racetech, so hopefully the bike will be dialed for my next videos.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts