Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sup everyone,

I just wanted to share with you some pictures...I've been working on some mods to my bike and I'm finally finished with it. Took a little over a month of mostly late-night and weekend tinkering. Everything's on except the power commander (which I will install when I can afford a custom mapping, I'm all tapped out now, lol).

Here's a list of what I did:

1. Painted swing arm
2. Painted engine covers
3. Powdercoated passenger pegs, + LEDs from www.tripageled.com
4. Powdercoated gas cap from www.tripageled.com
5. Installed full G.P.R. exhaust system
6. Installed Rizoma rearsets
7. Installed Galfer SS brake lines, front + rear
8. Installed Rizoma rear brake reservior
9. Installed Woodcraft frame sliders
10. Changed oil + filter

In the process I learned a whole lot about my bike and mechanics in general. Before this summer I had never changed the oil in anything before, much less a motorcycle. This experience has taught me a whole lot and I appreciate my motorcycle that much more. This website and the people who frequent here have all been invaluable in the process. Thank you, 600rr.net!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=8xtsp5s7.asffrl6b&x=0&y=o1sxa8
p.s. you don't have to sign up to view just click "view slide show". it was easier uploading to kodak than to imageshack.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
nice work, the bike looks good.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
The black really cleans it up! Nice job! Looks great. :rocker:

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
Bike looks Cool. I really like the powdercoating. I just cant see me spending that money w/o getting myself some better suspension first.

FYI: I found an easy way to upload to imageshack today. Just put all your pics in a zip file and upload. It save me a lot of time today.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Looks great. Nice work.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the positive feedback, guys...I found and asked about everything I needed to know right here on these forums.

CollegeRider said:
Where did you get those rearsets???
They're Rizoma's. Check them out at www.rizoma.com. If you want to buy them, hit up www.pjsparts.com and tell him I sent you, real nice guy that can get anything Rizoma makes.

havoc said:
Bike looks Cool. I really like the powdercoating. I just cant see me spending that money w/o getting myself some better suspension first.

FYI: I found an easy way to upload to imageshack today. Just put all your pics in a zip file and upload. It save me a lot of time today.
The swingarm and engine covers were spray painted and it cost about $10 to do. However, you get what you pay for. Thanks for the imageshack tip, I'll try that next time.

·
Registered
899 Posts
very impressive bro...great job! One question, when you did your case covers, did you leave them on the bike and what did you use to paint them?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RR said:
What kind of paint did you use on the swingarm and case covers?
I used Krylon BBQ & Grill Paint for both the swingarm and engine covers.

dballer324 said:
very impressive bro...great job! One question, when you did your case covers, did you leave them on the bike and what did you use to paint them?
I took the engine covers off because I had a leak coming from the crankcase side, so I wanted to re-do the liquid gasket after I finished painting it. I'm sure you could just mask everything and paint it though.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Looks awesome! love the blacked out look. always more fulfilling when the job is done by yourself

·
Registered
625 Posts
how many coats did you use, and keep us posted on how it holds up. Looks great by btw

1 - 20 of 24 Posts