Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my first service at like 6-700 miles. i was gonna go back in for the seconed service at like 1500 or so. i called in to schedule the service and the guy at Honda of Houston said i dont need to come back in until 4600 miles. but i could have swore ive always heard that youre supposed to get the seconed service at 1500 miles. so now im at like 36xx miles or so and ive only had one service and one oil change. is this right? ive checked and cant find anything to verify that im not supposed to come back in at 4600 miles. btw, i have that priority maintenance card. so everything done to my bike is free, cuz ive already paid for it. please help me cuz im getting worried and i dunno if i need to or not. thanks

·
Registered
602 Posts
There is a detailed service schedule in your owners manual. Take a look at that.
I can't remember off hand the interval for the diff. services but I would get that oil changed asap. I changed mine at 200 miles and again at 6-700 miles, then every thousand after that.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
600, 4,000 8,000 12,000 16,000 and so on... It only says all you need to do (manual) is inspect the idle speed, chain, chutch system, brake pads and brake fluid.. Thats for 4,000 miles

·
Registered
269 Posts
Definately change the oil. Probably change the filter too. I'm a little anal, so I change the oil after every track day or hard ride, and the filter every 3k at the most. Additionally, clean and lube your chain frequently. It'll prolong the life of your chain and sprockets.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks. so just to be safe i should change the oil. but i dont have to...... i cant imagine honda telling you something that is wrong.

·
Registered
269 Posts
If your bike is brand new, your oil can get tiny fragments of metal in it from initial break-in, gear wear, etc. When you change the oil, you can take a magnet to the old stuff once it's in the catch pan and see what you pull out. It depends on how you ride too. The service schedule in the manual isn't written for the guy who is spending all his time on the track. Read some of the posts on changing the oil. One of the easier things to do on your bike especially if you don't have to change the filter too. It's a lot cheaper if you do it yourself, as with most anything.

·
Registered
904 Posts
If I actually drove my bike hard and didn't use it for my daily transportation, i would change the oil every 1,500 miles, but since that would be a little too costly, I'll do it every 2,500-3,000 miles

1 - 8 of 8 Posts