1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
474 Posts
The frame breaking was a known problem amonst the GSXR 1k k5 riders, at least for the ones i knew. it was talked about in forums and everything

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
holy crap thats nuts. I can't imagine that happening to me on the track let alone on the street. The guys lucky he wasn't on the freeway or in busy traffic.

·
Registered
273 Posts
doent suprise me , my buddy bought a 04 GSXR 600 last year and looped it and the sub frame broke right off the bike , i have heard of problems like this also... Suzuki makes a lot of bikes and to have that kind of problem is scary (Mass production) for any one that invest there hard earned money into a $10,000 + bike!!!!!!!
Glad i bought a HONDA!!!1

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
aluminum is tricky to weld. youd think theyd have a means to QC that...

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
sooperman12 said:
aluminum is tricky to weld. youd think theyd have a means to QC that...
I would think they used xrays to check welds like aircraft parts manufactures and oil rig welders (thanks discovery channel)

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
I stopped by my friends house this weekend and his Dad asked me if I saw that first story on the news. I told him no. He told me about it and he said he thinks it was a Suzuki. I told him he's probably right because I've heard of frame issues with them. Well thanks for the link. It confirms it. Did they fix them for 06?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts