Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have done a search on removing the bar ends, but its a dead end!

Can someone please please give me a step by step on removal or tips or something

i have the lp bar ends with blue locktight on them. it spins but it wont come out!!

ive already spent 2 hours on these damn things..

pleeeeaaaase heeeeeeelp

before i slit my wrists:help: :dontknow:

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
uhhhh, aren't there just a screw in the end of each one that has to be taken out??

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you would think that it would be that easy........but is not!

the screw spins but it doesnt wana come out!

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
the thread might be stripped inside and not catching. try putting flathead screwdriver or something thin in the gap between the bar and the bar end, and apply pressure at the same time you spin the screw.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Hold the bar end in your hand,don't let it spin. use the screw driver and loosen the screw... Crappy design that's why alot of us lose them. Use locktite when putting them back on...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the whole reason im trying to take them off is cause they were on soo tight that is was causing the throttle to stick. If i were to twist the throttle, it wouldnt snap back like it should! I managed to loosen it just enough with the end of a fu#kn hammer to make it snap back to normal! Still no damn luck getting that little piece of sh$t off though!

can you tell im pissed

still lookin for help if you have any.

thanx

·
Registered
8,498 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
dragonZgen said:
the whole reason im trying to take them off is cause they were on soo tight that is was causing the throttle to stick. If i were to twist the throttle, it wouldnt snap back like it should! I managed to loosen it just enough with the end of a fu#kn hammer to make it snap back to normal! Still no damn luck getting that little piece of sh$t off though!

can you tell im pissed

still lookin for help if you have any.

thanx
Sawweeet! cruise control!

·
Registered
363 Posts
does the whole end spin, or just the screw? if its just the screw, than youre just that screwed... drill it out or go to sears and get an easy out kit and back that sucka out. if its the whole barend, someone above stated the solution. hold the barend while trying to screw the bastid out. my solution is to just ditch the entire set of clipons and get some woodcraft barends, problem solved + you have added some racer bling to your baby!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts