Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out, in 8 months, I'll have a little me running around!! :shock: scary thought actually, but we're really excited none the less. Just wanted to share with you guys.

J

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
tchizzy927 said:
congrats! You got 8 months to ride..enjoy it while you can. I ride like twice a week after my son was born.
just what he said , less play time for ya, but its worth it
congrats :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
congrats...i found out last month i'm gonna be a dad for the first time as well. i only have 6 more months left to ride before i have to sell my bike =(. oh well. it's been fun. but..i have bigger responsibilties now..cant risk my life anymore.

·
Registered
595 Posts
drewchyi said:
congrats...i found out last month i'm gonna be a dad for the first time as well. i only have 6 more months left to ride before i have to sell my bike =(. oh well. it's been fun. but..i have bigger responsibilties now..cant risk my life anymore.
I don't consider riding my bike "risking my life". If you do, it is a wise choice to give it up, especially with a little one on the way.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the comments guys!! This really is a great board ain't it :bounce:

I will unfortunately be putting the bike on the chopping block soon too, mainly for financial reasons, but the thought of leaving my wife to raise our new little one without me because of some cager is also there. Perhaps in a few years I'll get back into it, but for now, it feels like the right thing to do.

Scotch_03RR I think we're about on the same schedule, we were given a due date of May 6, about a week and a half later!! Congrats to you to by the way.

Thanks again for all the warm comments

Later

Jay

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Dude(s), I just had my 2nd 4 days ago. Get all the sleep you can! :bounce:

Congrats and best wishes!!

X

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Congrats to all you the new parents! :beer: I've got a 3 year old son and a 2 month old daughter myself. They are the best things under the sun.

Drewchyi, I also sold my bike when my son was born but to be honest, I regretted it the moment I handed the dude my key. I still think it was the right decision at the time because I was really spooked everytime I rode. I sold it in the fall and obviously didn't feel the withdrawel until the next spring when everyone broke out their bikes. I lasted until the next August when I had to cave and bought a new RR. Actually, my wife saw it coming a mile away.

Now I ride alot safer, I choose where I go fast and have plans for the track next year for the real quick riding (Finally got all my gear together, thanks Nick @ MRI :thumbup: ).

You have alot more to live for bro, you're kid will immediately become your first priority but if you don't take care of yourself ( I was pretty bummed without my bike) you won't be the happiest camper. Riding is MY escape, MY time and believe, you'll need that.

Good luck with it and as others have said, enjoy sleep now, it's LONG gone once that babe arrives.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts