Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently bought a 2001 CBR 600 F4i, I'm only 5'2". I can't really touch the ground... so I've dropped it 1, 2, 3, 4 times. I'm sick of dropping it, I've already broken the brake lever off once. How do I lower the bike without going broke?

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
lowering links. check ebay for em. i kinda feel ya pain, my old roommate is 5'2", a dude, funny as hell to watch him back the thing up, he was stubborn, wouldn't get off, just rocked back and forth on his tip toes.

good luck with it! and welcome!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
50 lbs is too muck for little me to gain, and platforms and heels prevent me from shifting. I need the whole bike lowered.

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
lowering links. you'll get an inch, maybe 1.5 gotta watch for rear wheel clearance tho.

·
Registered
730 Posts
drop the forks in the tripples too. That and lowering links will lower the bike front and rear proportionally.

·
Ninja Master
2,459 Posts
have your seat foam trimmed and re-covered. you should be able to drop it 3/4 of an inch or so.

make sure w/ the lowering link and front fork that you have your kickstand shortened too.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
if you drop the forks without dropping the rear, its gonna change your geometry and make it steer sharper.

H

·
0 Posts
just get some nice sized riding boats.. and practice putting one foot down when on the bike.. a buddy of mine is short.. not sure if he is as short as you.. but he has the same bike..

lowering links can help in the mean time..

·
Registered
526 Posts
I ride with a girl about that height and she also has a f4i. Its all baby blue and she wears the Icon Kitty leathers so it looks pretty cool. But anyway she couldn't touch either so they used lowering links and straps for the front, dosent cost to much. By the way she drag races almost every weekend and sucks up everybody.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yeah gaining 50 pounds isn't going to help. Growing taller would, but I get the impression thats not an option either hehehe.

Like someone else said, start putting just one foot down, especially if it's already as low as it will go.

I picked up my RR a week ago and when I was there, this little guy (5'4" or so) was checking out a new goldwing and he couldn't really touch the ground either. From what it sounded like he was used to just using his left foot on the ground. He never dropped it, but he did kinda look like a Chihuahua on a leather couch ;-)

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
I'm pretty short (5'4") and I never put both feet down unless I want to stretch. I can get my toes and balls of both my feet down or flat foot one with the other on the peg. I like to keep my brake light lit up at lights or whenever I stop. I really don't see much point in putting both feet down except for pushing the bike backwards.

Oh, and I'm actually not even on a 600RR now, but I want to get one once I get a little more experience. The seat'll be about 2 inches higher than the one I have on my bike now (CB400) so I'm interested in how this can be done without changing how the bike handles. Can tires make much difference; if so, how much?

C

·
0 Posts
I may be skinny...but thank God I'm tall. I don't know if I would want to ride a bike if I had to use my tiptoes. I have a short buddy who rides a hog, he won't sit on my bike because he thinks its too tall. I have mad respect for shorter people who have the cajones to ride.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts