Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday was the first day of riding my bike...any bike actually, rode from 2 till about 10 at night, around 7ish i noticed my (left) pinky and my ring finger were slightly numb...the colour is fine but its still kind of tingly when i touch it even today...anyone else get this? btw the ride was the sh!t...

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Sometimes on my right hand, but never my left. You shouldn't be gripping the left bar that tight. The only reason I get it in my right hand is because I can't really relax my grip without the throttle rolling off.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Yeah it just happens after a long ride. You will build a resistance to it

·
Registered
103 Posts
You probably compressed your ulnar nerve where it passes through your wrist (this is the same nerve you hit when you hit your "funny bone" in your elbow). Just continue to use your hand as best you can, making sure to use the muscles in your pinky and ring finger often. The tingly feeling will probably subside. If it doesn't go away in a few days... go see a doctor, or live with tingly fingers - your choice.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Myhand felt the same way after my first 120 mile ride. I wasn't gripping very hard. After 4 days I can still feel the nerve my right hand tingle when I make a fist.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My middle three toes were numb for like 3 weeks after basic training. AF basic training is pretty weak, but the boots were not kind. Feeling should come back soon if it hasn't already. =)

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Yep, like others have said, ease up on that death grip. Extended your fingers once in a while to keep the blood flowing. I get it once in a while too and I usually just rub my hand on my thigh a few times to get the juices flowing again.

·
Registered
736 Posts
i got the same thing during a ride a while back so i loosened up my grip and still no luck. i solved it by getting nice soft gel grips. they have made a huge differnce especially on the longer rides i take. only 20 or 30 bucks. might wanna try it.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Dude its not your pecker loosen up on the grip homie

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
As far as right hand problems... I find I can almost completely relax my grip on the throttle by putting a little more pressure on my wrist and lower palm and using that to hold it in place. Usually helps when my hand starts to cramp up a bit.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
MY right hand gets numb sometimes but it don't last long.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've been getting this with my left thumb. I really noticed it while I was at work and grabbed a box. I was putting pressure on the web area between my thumb and the fingers. Thumb starts tingling and it doesn't feel right.

I seem to get it on my bike, but thats if I'm putting pressure on my wrists and only the left side.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts