Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have some new hand grips i would like to install on my rr... however the screw that holds in the left bar end in just keeps spinning and i cant remove it. the right one came right off just simply unscrewed it but the left one just spins and nothing happens. I have come to the conclusion that the screw hole is rotating with the screw. how am i going to get this screw out if i cant hold the screw hole while i spin the screw??? any ideas cause i have tried pulling on the bar end as i unscrew the screw but nothing is happening. :tard: wtf.

thanks in advance for advise.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
How about using vise grips to hold down the bar end make sure
you wrap that bar end in a rag or something so it wont get scratched up

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about using vise grips to hold down the bar end make sure
you wrap that bar end in a rag or something so it wont get scratched up

if you unsrew the bar end and look inside the bar there is a threaded hole that the screw goes into. the problem is that the threaded hole inside of the bar is spinning for some reason. for some reason it is dislodged so when i spin the screw it just spins even if i hold the barend while i unscrew the screw. does that make sense? If i could get the bar end off then i can fix the problem but with the bar end on i cant do anything. i just tried pulling the bar end as i unscrew the screw but still no luck. this is jacked i know im probably SOL. if you still dont get what im talking about i can take a pics to help explain.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Been searching thru 3 pages of threads in the troubleshooting section
read this post for Slaps in one of the threads give it a try

The thread might be stripped inside and not catching. try putting flathead screwdriver or something thin in the gap between the bar and the bar end, and apply pressure at the same time you spin the screw.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Sure man i am sure knightslugger or others might come across this thread
and post a solution for your problem

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
That whole inner unit should just pull out with a good tug. I know mine do at least. I have an 06 though...

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sweet i got the barend out using moemans idea with a flat head.. now how do you suggest i fix the screw hole inside the bar? its moving around and is not staying stationary. it wiggles and spins which its obviously not supposed to do. superglue maybe ???

·
Registered
125 Posts
sweet i got the barend out using moemans idea with a flat head.. now how do you suggest i fix the screw hole inside the bar? its moving around and is not staying stationary. it wiggles and spins which its obviously not supposed to do. superglue maybe ???
The bar weight is supposed to spin i thought... at least on the 06...
You should be able to pull the whole thing out like someone mentioned above.

For mine, if I pulled out on the barend while unscrewing it helped give it some friction and enabled me to get the screw out...

Good luck.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for everyones help.. the entire bar weight is missing that was the problem. i have never removed the barend before last night so i guess the previous owner of the bike broke it some how. thanks peoples.

·
Registered
125 Posts
thanks for everyones help.. the entire bar weight is missing that was the problem. i have never removed the barend before last night so i guess the previous owner of the bike broke it some how. thanks peoples.

Ewwww - no good.

Does the bar vibrate a lot?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts