Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...I have a 2005 cbr600rr and i have to put a new motor in due to the big hole in the old one...i got it all hooked up, all lights work and everything BUT instead of it starting up it is back firing and shooting 3ft flames out the tailend...any reason why this might be happenings...Thanks...

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
03-04 ecu hooked up to an 05-06 motor or vice versa? Not too sure man we need more details about the engine swap ang which parts were actually swapped and what was kept

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have 2 ECU's and as far a the swap it was everything motor wise including the wiring harness but we might have got the ECU's mixed up so were gonna swap them and then try it out....thanks alot mr. canada guy

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im sure there are since the FI thing on the gauges just stays lit...i read the page on how to check it to get it to flash but could not find the plug they were talking about.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put the other ECU on it and it is still doing the same thing...

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
What year bike is the engine from?

Did you pull any of the sensors of the engine?

Are you sure you have everything hooked up correctly?

DTC plug is under the seat right next to the battery.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Help

If anybody is in the orlando area and wants to come by tomorrow and help me get this going i have no problem paying you for the work weather you want cash or case a beer...i just dont want to load it up and take it to a shop

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah the fuel pump primes when the switch is hit and all the electronics work...im going to find that plug and see what code i can get it to throw...

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Hello...I have a 2005 cbr600rr and i have to put a new motor in due to the big hole in the old one...i got it all hooked up, all lights work and everything BUT instead of it starting up it is back firing and shooting 3ft flames out the tailend...any reason why this might be happenings...Thanks...
when this happens in a v8 its a good indication the timing is off, do some engine cover replacements?

·
Registered
8,768 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
will do...it will be tomorrow tho...sorry but the bikes is already back in the living room and really dont want all that going on in my apartment plus with the exhaust thats on it, if for some reason it did start up, im sure it would wake my complex and thus get my kicked out lol, see as were to not even have a propane grill on the patio much less a running bike inside...

And im going to try and find the codes so i can let people know what was wrong with it.

Thanks again for the help tonight...

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
I forgot...

Kickstand down ignition to on but don't start... code will flash after a few secconds

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah i read about the kickstand down in some other guys post from this month, i flipped mine up and was able to get it start kicking over...but with the flame problem. I found the plug its a red square one thats just got a cap on it right with 4 wires going to it, im just not sure which 2 to jump.

·
Registered
821 Posts
i wana see a video...

sounds like my car :)

that would be so badass to have both my vehicles shoot flames

1 - 20 of 23 Posts