Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, today i was on my way home. I went down a back street and wanted to break 100mph. (Sometimes i just get those urgers, im sure we all do. I wasn't putting anyone in danger, as there are no side entrances to this road).

So, im in 1st gear, and im accelerating. I hit about 74mph, and the rev limiter kicks in. I was like oh, shifting time haha.

Has anyone else done this? Where you accelerate and it dosen't feel like your going that fast, but you actually are.

Maybe I'm just getting used to my bike?

·
Registered
857 Posts
you are just getting use to your bike and you feel the need to push it to the rev limiter?
be careful bro.

·
Registered
619 Posts
i know my second brings me to 95mph. ill get an urge to break into triple digits. good thing it only take a few seconds haha.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I do it up to 72 mph and shift into 2nd, works fine. In 2nd I hit 102 mph. But to answer your question, no I did not go to rev limiter yet, not even by accident. Maybe I'll try it one day.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you are just getting use to your bike and you feel the need to push it to the rev limiter?
be careful bro.
I will be careful. I don't push myself to do anything im not comfortable with and i never do anything like this when their is the possibilty of traffic entering the road. (Sounds a little stupid me saying that honestly, ive been riding for maybe 2 months and in the first week when i would go "fast" i wasn't shifting til 12k.)

I don't ride like this all the time. I drive the speed limit, use my turn signals, and am a courteous driver (car and bike). Although being absorbed in your phone while your on the road will piss me off and I'll be a straight ass to you on the road.

Sometimes, i just want to see what the bike can do. Although i need to not make stupid decisions. Anything could go wrong and change my life forever.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Sounds like you need a Yellow R1

haha im nothing like him. but i do find that funny.

This is on a back road that is about a mile long and the only entrances to the road are at each end of the mile. I will never do anything on my bike for a "thrill" that endangers other people. But then again, endangering myself is just as stupid.

Edit: I wish there was a track around me locally, so i could ride in a closed course.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
i know my second brings me to 95mph. ill get an urge to break into triple digits. good thing it only take a few seconds haha.
Is this on stock gearing/sprockets?

06 and older like man can get up to 102mph in 2nd...

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Yeah, I've hit my rev limiter a few times, mostly in 2nd gear.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Is this on stock gearing/sprockets?

06 and older like man can get up to 102mph in 2nd...
stock 09 gearing. I will try again and make sure :crackup:

·
Registered
931 Posts
I think we all have accidently bounced it off the rev limiter at one point or another. I know I have done it. I had the same thought, "oops."

·
Registered
180 Posts
Really? This isn't some cruel joke after your other threads? It's called a track, find one. To answer the question, yes i've bounced off the limiter, but no, I don't get the urge to go that fast on the street. Cars aren't the only variable.

·
Registered
882 Posts
:+1::+1::+1::crackup:
Really? This isn't some cruel joke after your other threads? It's called a track, find one. To answer the question, yes i've bounced off the limiter, but no, I don't get the urge to go that fast on the street. Cars aren't the only variable.

·
Registered
26 Posts
anyone who owns a sport bike cant say they never hit triple digits on the street. even if you dont try it, its easy to do accidentaly just passing a car or two till you get around them your already there lol

·
Registered
180 Posts
Sure i've done triple digits, but i'm in Canada so its KPH. I can honestly say i've never gone faster than 140kph (80mph) on the street.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Sure i've done triple digits, but i'm in Canada so its KPH. I can honestly say i've never gone faster than 140kph (80mph) on the street.

never above 80 mph? really? sorry dont believe it unless the speed limit there is like 50 mph.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Speed limit is 60mph (100kph) max. Up here if you're caught going double the limit or 50kph over its an automatic conviction for dangerous driving and street racing. Fine up to $10,000, vehicle taken away 30 days, license taken away 30 days, and crazy points on insurance. Can't afford that so I watch my speed pretty carefully. Get my thrills through the occasional trackday and karting.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Speed limit is 60mph (100kph) max. Up here if you're caught going double the limit or 50kph over its an automatic conviction for dangerous driving and street racing. Fine up to $10,000, vehicle taken away 30 days, license taken away 30 days, and crazy points on insurance. Can't afford that so I watch my speed pretty carefully. Get my thrills through the occasional trackday and karting.
point taken. here in texas the speed limit is 70 mph, once past the city limits you will get run off the road if you do the speed limit. i go about 75-80 and still get passed.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts