Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
haha today i was putting my battery back in and as i was tightening it with the wrench in the toolkit it accidently touched the rear subframe and i saw this huge a$$ spark & i jumped back like a little pu$$y thank god i didnt get hurt:thrasher::icon_supe:gun1:

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
which is why you hook up the + first and then the -

that way if you touch the subframe hooking up the + the - isnt hooked up so no spark

if you touch the subframe when hooking up the - no biggie still no spark
just make sure to put the red cover back on the + after hooked up

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh **** I didn't know that so that's y they tell u that the addition of a battery is the opposite of install thanks guess u learn somethin everyday

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
I can just picture this and I laugh my azz off.

·
Registered
244 Posts
You learn more here by accident than elsewhere by design.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
did u let out a high pitched squeal as well???:icon_lol:

guess u have a little more to be thankful for this holiday (i.e. thank goodness you didn't become another statistic in death by electricution at the hands of a motorcycle battery)

Ride well...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yup arc welded a wrench to two posts before...and killed the battery at the same time. I let go before it really got me, but the wrench was toast!!

·
Registered
506 Posts
A dude I know, went to grab a beer while the oil was draining out of his big raised suped up Bronco.....meanwhile, the wife jumped in it and took off to the store with no oil in it. OUCH...

Communication people!

·
Registered
960 Posts
I have done the arc welding thing before too. But certainly doesnt make you a squid. lol.

Weirdo's everything is squid this squid that nowadays just join the crew.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts