Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I know if the clutch should be replaced? Is it when the bike no longer pulls on a level surface by only friction zone clutch-control but requires throttle as well? I would think that means the clutch is worn down and should be swapped for a new one.. Someone please enlighten me on this matter. Thanks if you respond.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Does the bike stall or the clutch slip?? Damn, ya got me. If the clutch were going bad I would expect it to slip under power but if it's just stalling then the clutch is catching and you need to loose weight :bitchslap: :lol2:

EDIT: Oh chit, I hope your not female (annica), I didn'r read your SN until after I hit submit. if so sorry:lol2: Like I should talk at 260#

·
Registered
351 Posts
when you start to notice the clutch slipping or dragging are usually signs....
what you speak of, doesn't make sense to me that you needing more throttle in this situation would mean clutch trouble.
at the same time though I never claimed to be a master of mechanics. :???:

·
Registered
20 Posts
when do you have problems i noticed the same on my bike but only when the bike gets hot but other wise i can pull the bike up no problem

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm not saying i actually have problems. i'm just conjecturing. someone once told me that older bikes don't pull thru use of clutch (friction zone) only. so i was just wondering if that meant a worn out clutch..

·
Registered
351 Posts
for the record of example, my first bike was a 1984 virago 1000, the bike had 40 000 kilometers on it (probably 25-30 thousand miles)

anyhow the bike never had a problem pulling in the friction zone of the clutch.... anyhow, one day I happened to run the thing off the road doing 65-70 or so, front tire hit a hole, me flew, and then me healed, then me parted the bike out on ebay.
but in inspection of the clutch afterwards, knowing all was well before... no slippage, no drag, and it still pulled in friction zone.. I was surprised the plates were under the allowable spec./thickness...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts