Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had 2 crashes since owning the bike, one on each side. Took the rear brake pedal out on the first and took the shift lever out in the second. (I have frame sliders, which still look like they can do their job after both crashes). I already changed the brake pedal a long time ago but I'm considering getting aftermarket rearsets before changing the shift lever. I know price wise the rearsets will be much more expensive but I intend on keeping the bike and don't know if this would be a sound investment in the long run. The rearsets I am considering right now are the Diablos (hopefully I can get a good price) They no longer offer a lifetime warranty which sucks, but I have heard good things about them. Thoughts?

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
I use vortex, replacement parts are easy to get, everyone has them. And they are priced well.

·
I LOVE MY BIKE
692 Posts
Vortex or woodcraft will be the best for you. They aren't overly priced so they won't cost u an arm and a leg and are a big step up from oem

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
woodcraft has a link rod that requires a small cutout in the lower cowling.

Not sure but Vortex uses a link that uses a pivot (ie:2 rod linkage)

Sato is the same,and has luxury ball bearings.....

I chose woodcraft because they are dirt simple and reasonably priced..... and this is my second set(had them on a 250).

check ebay as there was a thread on cheaper HK/PRC rearsets.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I've owned both Vortex and Sato. I like the Sato more because it shifts just like OEM (with a bit of fine tuning), especially, when it comes to finding neutral from first or second gear. Quality is well made and adjustments are abundant. I just don't like the shift pads from Sato. They're made of plastics where the Vortex ones are made of metal. The Sato rearset look more elegant than the Vortex in my opinion. For a price tag of $525, Driven or Diablo could be a better choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts