Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright well i am taking my license test this week and im not to sure like what they have you do?

If there is another thread on this just let me know...

But im just wondering like what is note worthy that i should remember they have you do? I heard that the hardest thing they have you do is the figure 8 or something like that...

I just dont know wut they look for when you are driving?

Let me know thanks

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Go to your specific state's DMV or DOT website, they should have the entire test outlined. There are different tests in different states. Like, some don't make you do the figure 8, but will have you make a tight U-turn.

Are you thinking of taking the test on the 600?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go to your specific state's DMV or DOT website, they should have the entire test outlined. There are different tests in different states. Like, some don't make you do the figure 8, but will have you make a tight U-turn.

Are you thinking of taking the test on the 600?

Well yea my bike is a 06 600rr...And im really comfortable with it...But i will check the dmv and see wuts up thanks!:+1:

·
Registered
255 Posts
It's more difficult on any sport bike really. But definitely possible to do. I took mine on my 03 600RR and passed with flying colors. The key is practice. If you're in a state with the lollipop test like CA, get over to the DMV after hours and just practice as much as you can.

·
Registered
307 Posts
good luck doing it on the RR...
you should rent a scooter for it
I kind of agree! I took the msf course which qualifies for the dmv driving test part. But yeah on our little 150cc cruisers it wasn't bad. The figure 8 is the hardest; it was hard on the 150cc bikes, and I wouldn't want to try it on my 600rr! Everything else would be pretty easy in my opinion, on the 600rr or the 150cc bike.

·
Registered
991 Posts
The figure 8 in WA was tiny! I made it on the RR but only after lots of practice and Ive been riding bikes since I was a little kid. The right hand U turn is the worst because you have to lock the handlebars all the way right but then there is no room for your hand to be on the throttle. I had to stand up and counterbalance and kind of clutch it through. I tried walking the bike through it before hand and there is only about 6 inches to spare in that little box with the turning radius of the RR while walking it through. Go get a street legal dirt bike and save yourself the trouble, that was a bitch to do on the RR. The rest of the test is cake.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts