Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been riding Harleys for the past 3 years. At some point during the last year I just had to have myself a sports bike. Fast forward to yesterday, I've picked up my Red 07 CBR600RR. I wore all my protective gear (Helmet, gloves, back protector, jacket, kevlar pants, knee/shin gaurds and boots) and headded off to the stealer.

My initial thoughts when I was finishing up the paperwork at the dealer were more of regret. I was thinking to myself "Damn it! What did I get myself into
:sad11:". Since it was too late to do anything, worst case scenario is to sell it if I don't like it, so I sat on the bike and turned it on and I was out the door.

50 meters later, I stopped at the end of the parking lot so I would get familar with the hand and foot controls. Not only that but I was also trying to calm myself down, I was quite nervous. After I was calm enough I just got on the bike and rode out of town so I wouldn't have to deal with traffic.

30 minutes into my ride and that regret, which I'm ashamed of right now, has turned into pure JOY!! Good God what was I missing! So this is what a CBR can do. The throttle response is instant, the control is great and precise. I also managed to go up to 220 kph without any problem, the bike stable and wanted to go faster.

On my harley I use all four fingers with some force to stop the bike, however on my CBR the brakes requires only the simplest and effortless touch to stop (I know I'm being a bad MSF graduate for using only 2 fingers but I feel it's more than necessary so I wont get myself into trouble). It felt to me that the front brakes can stop time itself.

Gear shifting was sort of a hassle for me. Some gears would shift without a problems and others are hard. Perhaps this would ease up during break-in? (can I get any feedback on this point?) I'll wait and see till then.

Things that I would change on the bike is the grips, the stock one are stiff and small for my hands, I'll look at some progrips or renthals. I would also add a tank gripping pad so I would stop slidding forward whenever I apply the front brakes. Other than that I'm more than happy with my bike:dancing2:

I got up early this morning so I can go ride but it looks like its going to rain :cwm21:. I've just done 115 km and I'm looking forward to the many miles that this bike is going to offer me. I have to say that it's true that Honda builds the most rider friendly bikes on the planet.

P.S. I'll post pics pretty soon.

·
Proud PAPA
4,808 Posts
I was the same way. I was scared as hell signing the papers.. but afer i was done and getting ready to ride it off the lot i was more than happy. Its hasn't even been 2 week and i have almost 1200miles (2000 km) i love to ride it.

Your gears should loosen up a bit as the bike breaks in.

Here is the tank pad thread. Full of links to getting better grip on your tank.
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=70600

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
uh-oh, another sportbike convert!! man, i guarantee u won't have any regrets on the cbr. i understand that they're much different than HD's but Honda does build the most rider-friendly, yet reliable and powerful bikes. esp u got the 07, that midrange is off the chain!!!!

as for the gear-shifter, i've had the same problems on my 06 when i got it new last year. they do get better after break-in period and as u get more comfortable with the bike. the brakes are superb, i must say. i sometimes just use 1 sometimes 2 fingers on the front brake and i stop effortlessly. i'm seriously considering a trade for the white 07! congratz and welcome to the RR addiction!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts