Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so you dont have time for a complete wash for your bike but you want to quickly give it a shine and remove bugs and dust, what are your prefered methods?

Also what are good cleaners for bugs on helmet visors?

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
And this will be the majority of the answers. Honda polish. and a diaper rag. My all black RR looks sweet like candy after I am done

·
Registered
533 Posts
any kind of quick detailer and microfiber cloth. i do it every time i get off the bike and still looks like the day i got it i will never have to put a hose to the bike nor do i plan on it. i use meguirs nxt gen speed detailer and it works awsome

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
RickRR said:
diaper rag? like a baby diaper? no comprendo
There is a rag I buy at the auto parts store. They are called diaper rags. They are super soft and smooth. Leave no marks. They are like 3 or 4 dollars for a 3 pack

·
Registered
326 Posts
4x4600rr said:
any kind of quick detailer and microfiber cloth. i do it every time i get off the bike and still looks like the day i got it i will never have to put a hose to the bike nor do i plan on it. i use meguirs nxt gen speed detailer and it works awsome
+1 to that. Bucket washing is a pain! Clean it after every trip and you'll never have to bother with it and it'll stay like new. Plexus or Honda Polish works for me. Oh, and a cover is a nice addition. Helps keep the dust off.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I wouldnt suggest ever kind of half cleaning the bike. Using just polish and a rag on a semi-dirty bike can scratch the sh*t out of the paint. You can get small dust particles and other various junk in the rag and slide them around all over the paint. Id either suggest a full washing or just leaving it until you have time for a full washing. At the very least, spray it down with water before doing anything to it.

As far as the shield, just warm water and a really soft rag or microfiber towel. If Im out riding and dont have a rag, Ill just use water and paper towels or napkins. Not the best idea, but my shield is still scratch free. Ive never needed more than water to remove bugs.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
CrazyLocoDude said:
And this will be the majority of the answers. Honda polish. and a diaper rag. My all black RR looks sweet like candy after I am done
+1 to that! Honda polish...:rocker:

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
When theres bugs stuck to the cowl, I usually take a soapy sponge to it. It gets the bugs off, then I dry it with a microfiber towel.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
I wash mine frequently and in between I use Honda polish to dust it and remove bugs.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
for the bike i use meguires quick detailer. swear by it. as for the visor, use "Invisible Glass". its an aerosol that foams. you can find it at pretty much any auto parts store. works awesome on visors, windows, mirrors, anything resembling glass. the best out. seriously.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
I second the idea of spraying it down with water before any kind of polish is applied. The grit on the bike will be picked up by the polish and act as an abrasive. Rinse or wash fully and then polish..........

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
i use meguiars and it leaves it lookin pretty!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts