Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is with a heavy heart that I post this thread. A fellow racer at WSMC, Jesus Amezcua, passed away this Sunday while racing the 250/50 at Willow Springs.

His family is obviously going through a lot right now and in an effort to alleviate the financial burden they are going to encounter, I have put together a small site to help with that task.

http://www.jesusamezcua.com

Even if you didn't know him, please take a minute to visit the site and contribute whatever you can. He was one of the nicest guys anybody could ever meet and would even go out of his way to help out his competition, over and over again.

Thanks everyone.

Trey

C

·
0 Posts
Trey, Can you tell us any more details about the crash? And not to sound too concerned, but what are the details of the donations? Do you deposit the money into the familys account? Thx. Nice thing your doing for them. RIP Jesus...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cvlighthouse said:
Trey, Can you tell us any more details about the crash? And not to sound too concerned, but what are the details of the donations? Do you deposit the money into the familys account? Thx. Nice thing your doing for them. RIP Jesus...
As I understand it -

Jesus passed another rider coming out of T8 on the inside. As they went into T9 that same rider began to pass him back on the outside as he pulled up along him Jesus got a little tank slapper (from the rear sliding maybe?) he slowed then and came off his bike and the other rider continued on uneffected. It's unclear if they touched or not but if they did it would have been very gentle as the other bike was not effected. As Jesus slid across the center of the track he was hit by another rider who then went down. I believe another went off trying to avoid them both.

As far as the donations go, I am coordinating with a friend of the family. They are setting up a memorial fund that will be used to create a memorial at Willow Springs. All the money that is donated through the site I've created will be given to them to add to this fund. If you have any questions, you can contact Rix Gano at 310-291-3963. And I realize your question wasn't meant suspiciously and it's good that I could clarify this to anybody interested in donating.

Trey

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
RIP...my prayers go out to the family and friends.

Info for the funeral service i found at RoadRacing world for the local guys.

Funeral Service is open to everyone:

Viewing
Date: 9/24/2006 (Sunday)
Time: 3-8pm
4400 Cherry Ave.
Long Beach, CA 90807
(562)424-8601
Note: Ceremony starts at 6pm

Mass and Burial
Date: 9/25/2006 (Monday)
Time: 9am (Mass Start)
Location of Mass: Holy Family Catholic Church
1011 East L Street
Wilmington, CA 90744
(310)834-6333

Followed by Burial: All Souls Cemetery & Mausoleum
4400 Cherry Ave.
Long Beach, CA 90807
(562)424-8601

It is requested that fellow motorcyclists ride their street bikes in the caravan from the Church to the Cemetery on Monday, wearing their leather suits.

The Amezcua Family sends their appreciation for all your support!

Donations can be made towards the "AraceliAmezcua/980 Fund" via Bank of America. The Amezcua Family intends to use the funds to create a memorial to be placed at Willow Springs International Raceway under Jesus’ name.

Contact Person: Rix Gano 310-291-3963

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
sigh.. rest in peace buddy.. i just hate seein another thread about fallen riders..

·
Registered
799 Posts
RIP Godspeed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts