Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hot off SuperbikePlanet.com:
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2007/Jul/070716c.htm

"Red Bull Indianapolis GP tickets: Ticket orders are being accepted now for the inaugural Red Bull Indianapolis GP on Sept. 14, 2008.

Orders can be placed either online at www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com or by mailing an order form to IMS. The order form is available at the IMS Web site or by calling the IMS Ticket Office at (800) 822-INDY outside the Indianapolis area or (317) 492-6700 locally. Ticket Office hours are 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday through Friday."

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
"I'm really excited about this race," Hayden said. "It is great that Red Bull is committed to the growth of MotoGP in America, and coming to such an historic track like Indianapolis Motor Speedway will be really special to me. It's like my home race. I'm sure all of Owensboro will make the drive up north!"
OH HELL YEAH!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
man, everything cool on indianapolismotorspeedway.com is in pdf and i can't make it post like a picture. if anyone out there can make that happen that'd be sweet. go and look at the "ticket brochure"....its getting me pumped.

btw: 125s and 250s are on the schedule! whew hew!!!!!!!

·
Registered
796 Posts
This is totally sweet. I can't freagin' wait. We need to have a massive GTG with RR.net members. SO SO SO happy to see that they have added new turns cause the F1 track was kind of boring. Its going to be a challenging track to say the least.

Here is a better pic of the circuit map. Hopefully this works:

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
thanks dude, you are a master of the internet, doing for me what i could not do for myself.

i agree, i know i for one will be there all weekend.

friday:

9:00-9:45 am 125 practice
10:00-11:00am MotoGP practice
11:15-12:15pm 250 practice
1:05-1:35pm 125 qualifiying practice
1:50-2:50pm MotoGP practice 2
3:05-3:50pm 250 qualifying practice

saturday:

9:00-9:45am 125 practice 2
10:00-11:00am MotoGP practice 3
11:15-12:15pm 250 practice 2
1:05-1:35pm 125 qualifiying
1:50-2:50pm MotoGP qualifiying
3:05-3:50pm 250 qualifying

sunday

8:40-9:00am 125 warm up
9:10-9:30am 250 warm up
9:40-10:05am MotoGP warm up
11:00am 125 race
12:15pm 250 race
2:00pm 2008 Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix

3 day general admission tickets only $75.00 and include admission to grounds, viewing mounds, stand A and C, North Vista, North Vista platform, Northwest Vista, Paddock Box, Paddock Reserved, Southeast Vista, and Tower Terrace. (everything in blue on the map above)

·
Registered
796 Posts
General admission is probably the best way to go, but you have to make sure you get to the grounds really early to save yourself a good spot in the front. Thanks for posting the schedule.

·
Resident Arai Freak
2,808 Posts
The track looks cool but I think I'll still try to hit up Laguna next year.

(off topic but does anyone know the date of the Laguna race in '08?)

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
General admission is probably the best way to go, but you have to make sure you get to the grounds really early to save yourself a good spot in the front.
i agree, if i was going to buy a seat though, i think i'd go for the new "Corner 7 Terrace" aparently, that's a new addition because track designers think 7,8,9 is going to be prime passing area, and i'm sure they'll be cooking into 6. stand b, e, corner 7, and south vista are all only $100 for reserved seating good for all 3 days. i dunno, for $25 more that might not be a bad idea.

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Aw yeah! I'm pretty sure I'll make it to Laguna and Indy next year! I still gotta get to Phillip Island one of these years...

·
Registered
968 Posts
3 day general admission tickets only $75.00 and include admission to grounds, viewing mounds, stand A and C, North Vista, North Vista platform, Northwest Vista, Paddock Box, Paddock Reserved, Southeast Vista, and Tower Terrace. (everything in blue on the map above)
seems like thats the best deal? If I buy a reserved seating (corner 7)...can you still get into the GA sections? Are they selling padlock passes like they do at Laguna? i'd really like to get down and see the bikes up close... or is that something different?

also anyone know where u can apply for media/press passes?

·
Registered
796 Posts
I went to F1 this year and sat in what they are calling "corner 7" terrace. It was okay, yeah lots of tries at passes but nothing super extraordinary. Now that I know better I am sticking with general admission. Oh yeah for F1, general admission gets you everywhere, you can sit in front of the pits at practice and qualifying. Only for the race is it mandatory to give up a seat if you are sitting in somebody else's spot. At least that's way it works in F1, not sure its going to be the same case for MotoGP. I sure hope it will.

Another thing to keep in mind is that only the front straight has cover from the sun or rain. All other grand stands are open air.

·
Registered
487 Posts
What is this track like for those of you that know? Is it tight? Can't tell obviously from just a map. How long is that straight? Will they reach 200mph? Just trying to get a feel for the size of this track. What are the chances of us getting to ever do a track day there, haha!!!!!

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dorna is pretty much gonna have complete control of anything related to motogp so you'll have to apply for media credentials through them at dorna . com
anyone know where u can apply for media/press passes?

·
Registered
514 Posts
I put my name on the list. Let the wait begin

1 - 20 of 50 Posts