Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i see there are a few threads with similar issues recently posted and they mostly finger the indicator relay.

my symptoms are a bit different though. this started a while back and is now so bad i cant use the bike any more.

• Intermittently, engine runs, when i turn on the high beam, it quits, but starts right back up if i start it.
  • Intermittently, im doing 50 on the freeway. i turn on my high beams. engine dies but fires right back up if i touch the starter,.
  • Intermittently, im doing 50 on the freeway. i turn on my indicator. engine dies but fires right back up if i touch the starter.
  • Intermittently, indicators do not kick in, or there is a delay before it kicks in (a second or so). sometime it only flashes if i hold the indicator button to the side i need to flash.
  • 3rd eye is dead
  • This morning, low beam is dead, high beam works
Is this indicator switch, relay, or something more sinister. problem is progressively getting worse, comes and goes, but ive never had the low beam not work.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
lights , camera, action?

·
Registered
215 Posts
so many things on so many different circuits... The most I could narrow that down to is the electrics haha.
Before I say anything, I want to say that I have no idea about electronics, but does it sound like a bad ground wire to you electronic guys? Because for some reason thats what jumped into my mind when I read that.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok ive checked the bulbs, they are fine.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i wish i had a tester to confirm voltage and activity. whats my best bet to find a loose ground/earth wire?

·
Registered
860 Posts
I recall a post somewhere that talked about a yellow earth block on an 05/06 causing problems. Would be worth a search.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts